Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think that alot of dealers won't order more than one unless someone specified that they wanted one, at least in my area. mabey out in the mid-west, guess we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah I would like to test drive one. I would buy one too if it will preform ok. I do not expect it to be as fast as most atvs but it should be a torque monster.
Since we have about 2000 gallon of off road diesel on the farm most of the time sure would save a lot of money and trips to the gas station

·
Registered
434 Posts
Jettskie you hit it on the Head that is the market that Cat is going after the farmers and ranchers that have tanks of diesil on location.There is a big Cat ride planned in April in southern Il.They are supposed to be bringing some to demo at the two day event.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Whats with the part of their ad that says beneath built in steel mesh? They could also be after some military contracts that polaris and kawasaki have now.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Gun not sure about that.That I believe is still to sway the farmrs as to the new cat has a better skid plate for going thru plowed fields or general farm work.Just repeating what a close friend had told me he is a Cat rep.So hopefully what little they have let him know would be some what true.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
AC when you order a cat D. you have to take to other machines with them. So If you already are stocked up for the year. you really dont want to increase your inventory. But if cat changes there policy I know we will get at least one of them in. We live in a huge Ranching and Farming comunity and I think they would sell.
I would love to ride one just to see how they run.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told that it would be around $15K fully loaded with the new gunmetal blue color. We were told to put our orders in April if we wanted one. Between all the Gander Mountain stores possibly only the Sugarland Texas store would get one.

I really dont think any other stores will be getting one. Were having trouble selling the units we have now at near cost. If your in the market to get a new cat, Gander mountain has the best price you will find!!! Period!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
$15k??? Yeee-ouch!

As of April 2006, the FTC reported the *average* price of a new car is $28,400. That means there are a number of new cars that aren't much more than the diesel cat.

I was at Gander Mountain yesterday and thought the $8500 range ATVs were overpriced :)

-DiskDoctr

·
Registered
257 Posts
Did you guys notice that they didn't have the weight of the quad on the spec sheet. Wonder why? Ha ha, probably just a little lighter than a tank!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Looks like it has the 'long' frame, same as the TBX/TRVs.

Also, it only has 8" of suspension travel and 10" of ground clearance.

They may have used shorter/smaller shocks to get less travel.

Guessing... If they used beefier differentials that are also wider, they may have been forced to use shorter axles and had no choice but to reduce travel by using a smaller shock to protect the CV joints from reaching full range of movement.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think the msrp is around 10000.oo I will double check and let you all know.

·
Registered
239 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Feb 3 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the msrp is around 10000.oo I will double check and let you all know.[/b]
That's a little better...

I think the market would have a hard time bearing much more than low $10k. After all, ATV manufacturers want this to be an "every man's sport" not a "rich person's toy." That's part of the allure- having all your buddies to ride with.

Not to say that a beefier, more powerful, and specialty (alternate fuels) machine isn't worth a premium. It is, as long as it's reasonable.

I'd really like to see and test drive one. If it is more tank-like, as is implied, it may be just the beast to carry the day. I saw on the spec sheet that it claims 30$ more "fuel travel" or something like that. Is that better mileage, or a bigger tank?

Sounds like a made up word for marketing :) , so wondered what they are really saying?

-DiskDoctr

·
Registered
14 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DiskDoctr @ Feb 3 2007, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
$15k??? Yeee-ouch!

As of April 2006, the FTC reported the *average* price of a new car is $28,400. That means there are a number of new cars that aren't much more than the diesel cat.

I was at Gander Mountain yesterday and thought the $8500 range ATVs were overpriced :)

-DiskDoctr[/b]
Thats what I was told by our sales rep about 3 months ago, Fully loaded as in front and rear brushguard, 2.5, rear bumper, "special wheel package", new digital cluster and gun metal blue color.

Did you see the prices on the smaller sheet, it would be on a very bright colored paper. My father and I just picked up an 07 h1 Camo for $7,700 with the 5 year extended service contract. And hes also going to get a 700 limited sunset orange for about $8500 this weekend. Trust me, its pretty much at cost if not less.

·
Registered
239 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DustinB @ Feb 3 2007, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did you see the prices on the smaller sheet, it would be on a very bright colored paper.[/b]
The spec sheet I saw was the one posted here in another post earlier today.

Mods and extras are expensive. No doubt one could easily break the $10k mark with the extras. I'm only talking about the MSRP levels as a general, "how much is too much" kind of discussion.

Believe me, I've paid way too much for a bunch of stuff, too... :)

-DiskDoctr

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here are the original specs for this machine.

Roush DRV

17 stump pulling hp and 904 lbs!

Yee Haa!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.