Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I couldn't see myself paying $140 for an Arctic Cat treestand carrier that only partially fits my treestand.... So instead, I did a little custom rack building and built my own. Here is what it took:

Two 3.75" pieces of 3/8"x5/8" rectangular key stock
23" 1" square 16 gage tubing
10" of 1" 0.091" steel tubing
6"x2.5" 1/8" Flat Stock
Moose Treestand Carrier from eBay (Unless you want to bend your own)

Here is the finished product. If you are interested, I can take some more picture and try to write a little how-to. Just let me know if you need instructions.

This is ideal for carrying any of the Summit Treestands - it fits the geometry perfect with the modifications described above. Shown is a Summit Viper SS, but I've had a Razor SS in it, and it holds it just as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The depth perception is a little hard to see in the pictures - The cables are a pretty safe distance from the ground... they come back at an angle and don't stick down nearly as far as they appear to. Also, the carrier isn't attached to the bumper - the flat stock with holes drilled in it is about 1" from the bumper.

·
Registered
723 Posts
that looks sweet I woukld be most interested in how to.

I made up a bucket holder for fishing that mounts into the speedrack. Not as complex as yours. Took one from harbor freight and cut off flat plates. Welded up some 3/4 x 3/4 stock. pulled out the plastic inserts and drilled holes in stock so pins fit in. Works mint. A few bad pics attached

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts