Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings all---first season with a cat......and luvin' it. Bought an 04 1M 600 efi.....been out 4 times and couldn't be happier...looking for a second sled for the wife or parking her on this an looking for something else for me. I've looked at two 01 Mountain Cats with the 600 but only the 136 in track.....how short is two short.......we ride trails but also like to play in the powder....would I regret the 136?

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Sorry, I have no advice about the track length. But I would like to say welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'll jump in since my buddy, AG, is a trail guy, as I have not yet converted him to mountain riding, yet. I'm still hoping he'll come out west.
If you are a nut like I am, about mountain riding, you'll (almost) never go back shorter, once you're crossed over the force (what color is question) and gone longer in the track. More is good, up to a certain point. I was always getting stuck with a 136", but if you already have it, ride it for a bench mark, for when you go longer. (not if, but when). 144" does pretty well, except for the serious deep and steep. Longer is also very good for boondocking. You do less digging and more riding. Keep in mind the cooling and clearance issues with a longer track, if you'er into that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts