Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer last week and noticed that they had a couple new machines in there that did not have the Goodyears on them. They had great looking tires on them. They looked like a combo between Mud Lites and Bear Claws on them. The dealer told me they were factory. Anybody have any idea what brand these tires are. I would be interested in maybe buying a set.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Steeles they are Dunlop QuadMax tires.They are not yet avaible tp general public as of yet according to my dealers tire distributor.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info dude! They are some damn good looking tires. Wonder when we will be able to be em?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
That would be a huge move for Cat. Putting quality tires on these rigs from the factory is something I've yet to see from any manufacturer. Historically, their tire choise was like putting the same tires you'd put on your Buick on a Ferrari....totally kills your handling, feel and capabilities. Nice work AC!! thumbguy

·
Registered
434 Posts
That sucks, I bought an 07 3 weeks ago and I got the good years. always been a fan of dunlop tires and would have loved to have gotten these on my quad

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As most of you know I am not a Yamaha fan but I will give credit where credit is due. I see that they are putting the Mud Lite tires on the Big Bear from the factory. I think that is kinda cool.

·
Registered
434 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steeles4 @ Mar 15 2007, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As most of you know I am not a Yamaha fan but I will give credit where credit is due. I see that they are putting the Mud Lite tires on the Big Bear from the factory. I think that is kinda cool.[/b]
That is true but they are marketing that quad as a mud quad. They are going after business in 5 states that do mostly mud riding, thats the reason for the manual trans and even the analog cluster. I believe Ac markets these quads more as general purpose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
..another reason to love the Arctic Cat. Not worthy:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steeles4 @ Mar 15 2007, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was at the dealer last week and noticed that they had a couple new machines in there that did not have the Goodyears on them. They had great looking tires on them. They looked like a combo between Mud Lites and Bear Claws on them. The dealer told me they were factory. Anybody have any idea what brand these tires are. I would be interested in maybe buying a set.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scott1981 @ Mar 15 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That sucks, I bought an 07 3 weeks ago and I got the good years. always been a fan of dunlop tires and would have loved to have gotten these on my quad[/b]

I bought two brand new machines in the middle of Feb for my sons. One was a 500 with the Goodyears, the other was the 400 and it has the Dunlop Quads on it. The Dunlop is a very nice tire, and does a very good job in the mud considering the size of the lugs. All of the 400's on the floor at the time had the Dunlops, all the 500's had the Goodyears. I almost asked to see if I could have had them swap a set of the Dunlops on the 500 and wished I had. So far the Dunlops have done awesome as a stock tire.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Mar 15 2007, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"Side-by-side testing with Quadmax competitors validated the project objectives: The Quadmax was not only the best mud tire in the group, it outperformed every other brand on the trail as well."

Read the rest of the article here:

http://www.atvsource.com/articles/press_re...lop_quadmax.htm[/b]

It would have been nice if they listed the tires they tested the Quadmax against.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts