Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a new buggy, as some of y’all know...’11 MP 1K...to be another project. This bike is going to be an extreme mud build and gonna take a while. Luckily I got the “Camo Cat” to ride in the mean time.
I know it’s not the most popular 1K, but I got plans 👍
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Can’t wait !

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
73 Posts
Looking forward to following the build!! I’ve been keeping my eye out for a nice deal on another Cat. One of these days... lol

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new buggy is in pretty good shape...lil things here & there that I change anyways.
My Camo Cat is pretty much maxed on performance (thanks mostly to this site) and is pretty quick for what it is, but my sons ‘06 Sportsman 800 will literally smoke me.....funny thing is, this MP1K will smoke my son. Now, hang on...it gets weird. My sons will beat, (not so much “smoke”) my dads 2020 Ranger 1K TX Edition.....here’s the weird part....
This picture is of the ecu in the MP1K....right now. WTH????
Publication Newspaper Font News Parallel

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
That’s gotta be the wrong box? Cat ECU ?

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s looks like a AC ecu, but it’s for a trv 450 & a 500 model.....how’s that work?
Maybe a re-flash??? I didn’t think reflash was available till ‘15-‘16 or later (idk).
It’s weird, I haven’t opened it up yet.
Gonna put different wheels & tires on this weekend and see what it does on the back roads. Wish I could take the ecu somewhere and let somebody read it.
Here’s a pick of rpm at idle.
Gauge Automotive lighting Speedometer Motor vehicle Measuring instrument

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s looks like a AC ecu, but it’s for a trv 450 & a 500 model.....how’s that work?
Maybe a re-flash??? I didn’t think reflash was available till ‘15-‘16 or later (idk).
It’s weird, I haven’t opened it up yet.
Gonna put different wheels & tires on this weekend and see what it does on the back roads. Wish I could take the ecu somewhere and let somebody read it.
Here’s a pick of rpm at idle. View attachment 368480

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone upgraded a 650 H1 with 14” knuckle assembly from a 1000?

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Bigger rotors and a spacer for the caliper.

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a set a 12” factory tires and rims that I wanted to put on MP1K just for rollers while I’m rebuilding it...so I was gonna upgrade the H1 with the 14” stuff.
The MP1K won’t need the 14’s later on.

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely something ima look into later on, for now I think I’m just gonna put some used 26x14’s on as rollers.

thanks to you & doorfx for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, a lil update on the ecu that was on the bike when I bought.
Bout 3 wks ago I looked at the ecu on the bike a coulda swore it was wrong, so with out hesitation I bought a new “right” one from country cat. While waiting on the new, took the other one off....& guess what....yep, covered in mud & grime was the right part #.
it had looked like 0530-085 , but when cleaned its actually 0530-058.
Soooo, also during the time I’m waiting on Country Cat I found a company that will reflash that particular style of ecu for AC’s.
He’s in Canada and the company is Monster Injection. There’s also a company in Louisiana (closer to me) that I went through to get Monster Injections file wrote to my ecu.
Wick-It Performance are great to deal with. They answer the phone, they return emails and very helpful, not pushy and don’t try to sell ya something you need.
Their big time mud guys leading the way in hp performance.
Anyways, $300 bucks and a 1 day to reflash ecu.
Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

Fill this out and mail it in....you’ll be glad you did.
Wick-It did mine that came on the bike and it’s HOT!
Too hot for the bike now, can’t wait till I get all my stuff done that the reflash is set up for.

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So, a lil update on the ecu that was on the bike when I bought it.
Bout 3 wks ago I looked at the ecu on the bike a coulda swore it was wrong, so with out hesitation I bought a new “right” one from country cat. While waiting on the new ecu, I took the other one off....& guess what....yep, covered in mud & grime was the right part #.
it had looked like 0530-085, but when cleaned its actually 0530-058.
Soooo, also during the time I’m waiting on Country Cat I found a company that will reflash that particular style of ecu for AC’s.
He’s in Canada and the company is Monster Injection. There’s also a company in Louisiana (closer to me) that I went through to get Monster Injections file wrote to my ecu.
Wick-It Performance are great to deal with. They answer the phone, they return emails and very helpful, not pushy and don’t try to sell ya something you don’t need.
Their big time mud guys leading the way in hp performance.
Anyways, $300 bucks and 1 day to reflash ecu.
View attachment 368549
Fill this out and mail it in....you’ll be glad you did.
Wick-It did my ecu that came on the bike and it’s HOT!
Too hot for the bike now, can’t wait till I get all my stuff done that the reflash is set up for. New ones back on for now after a couple test runs.
....I hit 67mph way to fast for the unbalanced, oversized mud tires with bad bearings and wobbly inner tie rod ends....plus that sld delete kit is begging to be installed.
I didn’t get into it until 25mph-ish, but from there to 67 was scary riding up on the air box like the old dirt bike days. I’m not a fast guy normally, but these couple test runs put a big’o ch*t eat’n grin on my face.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Wow nice job finding the guys with the tunes!!!

·
Premium Member
‘07 AC 650 H1
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Goona try out some different whites and different reds for this project...maybe even add a few based on the new pod/handle bar setup.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Very nice, make sure you waterproof it !

Reactions: Penn Mann
1 - 20 of 26 Posts