Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that you guys might want to see how the new Boss seat looks on a X-Fire. See attached pics.
[attachment=138938:DSC01200.JPG]
[attachment=138939:DSC01199.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks awesome!! I was thinking about getting one of those seats for my crossfire also. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
beauty!!!, please tell me what you paid and where you got it from...i live in ontario canada and id LOVE to buy that seat. was it easy to put on???did you have to drill the new hardware or did it mount on the stock anchors??..

thanks again,

rob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys , I'm glad that you like the seat. I'm pretty tickled with it myself. I paid $570 for it plus taxes at Recreation Supply, in Saskatoon. It has lots of storage ( 10 separate zippered compartments). It was simple to mount..... just remove the stock seat and both of the seat anchor bolts, that are mounted to the tunnel. I also drilled out the rivet that holds the safety latch on the right side and removed the latch as well. Other than that the Boss seat is mostly held on with velcro. Just make sure that the tunnel is warm to ensure that the adhesive on the velcro makes a good bond with the aluminum on the tunnel. Lastly, after applying the velcro and mounting the seat you have to rivet one snap to either side of the tunnel, measure carefully before drilling. Snap on the two retainers and you are good to go.
Sitting on the sled there seems to be an easy transition from sitting to standing...seat is 3" higher than stock. It also is a lot firmer than the stock seat, but will probably soften-up after some use.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is that the cheapest we can get that seat up in this area? I thought I saw in the forums that you could get it for 350.00 somewhere???Thinking about a new seat too but just blew a wallet full on my sled. Does anyone know, on the new AC there is a cutout on the rear tunnel that exposes the cooling exchanger. Could a person cut out the same hole on an older sled? I guess it would allow for more cooling as snow will hit the top of the exchanger? The dealer had no idea so maybe someone here can answer. Anyway, hope you like your seat.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Guys, do your self a favor and get the new cat seat, its alot cheaper and is WAY BETTER, in my opinion, i just got rid of my boss seat for this one, can't be happier, sled looks better and the zippers are alot stronger, if you ride in cold weather you are going to have problems with the boss zippers. the storage in the new cat seat is sick as well..

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
The Arctic cat seat looks much better and has a ton of storage under it. It's a great seat for transitioning from sitting to standing and is lighter than stock seat. If you do most of your riding standing, they will be a great seat for you. But if you are like me and do most riding sitting down (standing to stretch and over rough ground) you may find either seat too hard. I tried one at the local sled show last weekend and sitting on a 2010 M, I found it narrow and very firm. Being a sit down rider mostly, I felt uncomfortable with the narrowness (my knees had nothing to squeeze to when cornering) and my butt for sure would be sore after rough terrain. The extra 3 inches of height was alright (would take a little getting used to with the feeling of center of gravity higher.)

Post a pic if you get one, we'd love to see it. Sled hard, Sled safe!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great pic, you know I used to ice fish all the time, I miss it sometimes, but now with the sled its a no brainer on "what are we going to do this weekend?"

Enjoy..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks Heavyriffs, I don't do a lot of ice fishing since we got into sledding, but sometimes uncle has to take his neices out on the ice. Try and get sledding every weekend and only fish 3-4 times if we're out sledding at my brother's cabin on Crooked Lake, Saskatchewan Canada.

Let's all pray for some snow now. I have an itch that needs some serious scratching!!! :D

That's our polymer shack in the background and the fleet of cats.... 1979 Panther 5000, 1977 Panther 5000 (fishing sleds), my Xfire 7, Dad's 2000 Powder Special 600 EFI, and my wifes 2000 ZR 600 EFI.

My dad loved to fish and still does, but not as much after he got into sledding last year... at the young age of 71. Now he's hooked!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very Cool!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not a big deal but, Does the Cat seat fit better than the Boss one? Specifically up near the fuel tank. Looks like the Boss seat does not follow the contours of the tank. Wondering if the Cat one does. I may get a seat myself and was wondering. II heard the tanks on the new sleds are narrower, so these new seats fit. The Cat seats I have seen posted look like the upholstery is loose? Is that a fact or do they look ok? Have a great week guys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The upholstery is not loose, but the seat seems to be geared more towards an exact fit on the M-Series. I called Boss before buying the new style seat and was told that the same seat fits both the X-fire & M-series. I was concerned with the fit before buying the seat , but after fitting it to the sled I am pleased with it. It is narrower, which I prefer over the stock seat. As far as the new Cat highrise seat, I did not like the looks of it. It appears to me to be somewhat unfinished in design. Regardless either the Boss or Cat seat will be a vast improvement over the low stock one. If anyone wants any, more detailed pics of the fit around the tank let me know and I will post some.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The boss seats do not fit the tank on the crossfires. They are really made for the M's bottom line. The M and XFire tanks are different. However the high rise seat fits much nicer and you don't have to worry about velcro and all that other crap, don;t waiste your money, just my opinion. good luck. Remeber this is coming from someone that ran one all last year and just sold one.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
good looking seat bootcamp bob.
i currently(now)have one of each.
i bought the boss high rise seat last season and kept it before trading in for my CF sp le spring order, now after receiving my new sled i'm leaning towards heavyriffs post(nice seat,heavyriffs)
once the snow flys i'm gonna try both,and then give an honest opinion.after running the Boss seat all last season i'm leaning toward the new Cat seat.very nice!!!!
as for the contour at the tank...well i think theres room for improvement on each...they both don't fit well on the CF's
And heavyriff is right.... the Boss seat zippers suck ASS(older Boss seats,can't speak about the new seat???)
regardless whatever seat i pick (or you) at least its an improvement over stock.enjoy your new seat and make sure you put all the velcro they supply on and maybe get a little extra....i lost my seat last year it fell off!!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dude that sled looks insane, I saw one at the grass drags this fall, sick machine, I am parial to the white but that all black set up is sick........

NOTE: You also have to rivet the boss seat to the tunnel and let me tell you if you can go 2 months before the boss material around the snaps rip off your doing well, another reason to get the Cat High Rise seat. Once they rip you need a whole new seat, and like he just said the seat will fly off when you least expect it.

STAY HEAVY!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (heavyriffs @ Nov 17 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dude that sled looks insane, I saw one at the grass drags this fall, sick machine, I am parial to the white but that all black set up is sick........

NOTE: You also have to rivet the boss seat to the tunnel and let me tell you if you can go 2 months before the boss material around the snaps rip off your doing well, another reason to get the Cat High Rise seat. Once they rip you need a whole new seat, and like he just said the seat will fly off when you least expect it.

STAY HEAVY!!![/b]

thanks heavy!!!!!!!
as for the boss flying off.....true story....my buddies are still laughing.....well just one is....we will see if he is still laughing this winter when i release "Phat Albert" on him

1 - 18 of 18 Posts