Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a video of my new Big Gun exhaust for my Thundercat :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a small update. I noticed I havent put enough info in there. the pipe is supposed to add 9+ HP on a stock 4 wheeler. I did notice a big jump in power when going around in my yard but I havent even put much more then 2 miles on the wheeler. but from stock can to aftermarket can there is a big difference. So yes I do feel it is 9HP gain but with the fuel box it seems it should add a bit more with the combo. I would think 12HP in total. I just wish you could hear it in real life. It is out of this world sounding!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Lol. Ripped up yard and now loud quad!

Wife must love you.

My wife hasnt noticed the catvos lift, HIDs, outlaws or my car missing from behind the house thats at rhe shop getting painted. Lol. When she realizes maybe living in a coleman tent with the quad. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol. Ripped up yard and now loud quad!

Wife must love you.

My wife hasnt noticed the catvos lift, HIDs, outlaws or my car missing from behind the house thats at rhe shop getting painted. Lol. When she realizes maybe living in a coleman tent with the quad. Lol.

LOL you have it as bad as I do. I hide $$$ and keep buying. Wife says you got another package and I say nothing. Just like my muffler. Women know mufflers rust and fall off right? Well thats what my wife thinks hahaha. So yea I HAVE TO HAVE it or I cant ride. WOW i am ATV greedy Clap Wife dont care about how loud it is just as long as I clean up the yard and have smooth grass when spring comes.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Lol. Or I just say - is that a new bag, or another pair of shoes. Wtf. You only have 2 feet. Or a new blouse?

I skim 2-300 out of my check to the justin fund. Hahaha

Funds the quad/car stuff/guns

It was so bad I have it shipped to my buddies house.

I want a tcat

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
without a doubt one of the best sounding t cat exhausts for sure

Reactions: Ruffy

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
without a doubt one of the best sounding t cat exhausts for sure
Thanks you very much! I mean it. I looked and looked and did more looking so I went with this system. Ebay gave me the best deal over all. I think the pipe was 209$ and the fuel box was 215$. Everyone else wanted 260$ just for the pipe and 300+ for the fuel box.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE:

We put on a good 100+ miles today on a nice snowy ride. A little bad news for the pipe. IT IS LOUD AS GRRRRR! I personally never herd a pipe this darn loud EVER. It seemed it would get really loud and then it would quiet and then loud and quiet. Not sure if it was the elevation rise and drop where we were riding or what. I did notice one thing with it. The stock bracket will need bent a little because where the pipe comes out it hits a little part of the rear plastic and brings that sound up front to you. But over all even with that issue its way to loud. I am going to contact them and see if there is different packing I can get for the pipe. The best way to fix a to loud pipe is to add a silencer in the pipe before you put the muffler on. the part looks like the middle of a glass pack and is ribbed. I would need something like that and tack weld it in place then put the muffler on. I have to do something because wow its to much.
Another thing I noticed is backfiring. when leaving off the throttle and the engine break kicks in it does backfire. I think it might be due to way to much air flow????? the exhaust gasses coming out of the pipe wasnt rich smelling at all and I did warm my hand up back there about 5 times and didnt have much of an odor so I think the fuel power box is doing its job very well. I still have a half of tank of gas and my buddies Can Am XMR 800 was near empty enough to think he was going to run out. So it is good on gas for a fuel power box added.

Over all the power was really great and was a decent improvement from stock. But way to loud! If your into really loud pipes and love a good sound this is for you 100% I love loud pipe for most applications but not for a nice trail ride for over 100 miles. It is the best sounding pipe I have ever herd bar nun! The sound is pure and have a very true V-Twin sound.

On a side note:
Not sure if it was the pipe that caused this or what. Mind you I havent even put more then 2 miles on the wheeler till today but half way in the day I got on it and was racing my buddies XMR. it didnt take long to pass him but he all the sudden stopped. I then slowed down and stopped. then a seen a bunch of steam come up like hitting a fresh water hole. I thought maybe snow hit a part of the exhaust but no it was my over flow from my radiator spitting out.
It wasn't more then a cup but it was enough for me to wonder if the new exhaust would cause the motor to burn to hot? Or maybe the old owner over filled it or who knows. I didn't see a temp gauge on the Thundercat to tell.

·
Administrator
38,873 Posts
It really sounds like your running lean. You should pull a plug and have a look

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It really sounds like your running lean. You should pull a plug and have a look
I will have to check. I did call the company before I added these and they told me they match the fuel power box with that muffler so it is plug and play.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well after another big ride I had I had to do something with this exhaust pipe. It is the worst pipe ever due to the sound. It does add much more but not worth it for being how loud it is.
After talking with there tech team and helping them understand how it performs they no longer have the ECO for sale for the Thundercat. I would thing due to the sound and the springs didnt work to hold the exhaust they took it off. They sell the EVO system for it still.
Anyhow I took a baffle mesh part out of another exhaust that fell apart and rolled it up and pushed it into the stock exhaust leaving 7 inches of it hand out then putting the muffler back in. It is held in there really good and helped it out 100%! I gave it a mile test and I am now impressed by the nice deep sound it give instead of that cackle it gave before. I have ran funny cars with less sound then that exhaust lol. The only thing I am worried about is if I will have to change the fuel programer. We will see I guess.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now selling to because to loud :(

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made a nice update video. Beware potty mouth in affect

·
Registered
312 Posts
Why don't you speak your mind ruffy?............LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why don't you speak your mind ruffy?............LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear that all the time haha. I do get in trouble sometimes but the way I see it be honest to yourself and others. Dont beat around the bush nor a fake person that's to scared of your own shadow. Most of my friends love it because they cower down and always rely on me when a stupid person comes around. I love to call them out on there BS.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any updates Ruffy on your Big Gun muffler / fuel box combo? I just picked up a new 2009 Thundercat and might do the same thing with a Big Gun muffler / TFI box.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Any updates Ruffy on your Big Gun muffler / fuel box combo? I just picked up a new 2009 Thundercat and might do the same thing with a Big Gun muffler / TFI box.

I think he "ruffy" has disappeared because his last post here on AC was 7 months ago, if I remember right he was trying to sell his TC back then.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thats a great quote, I'll use that when I'm out with other ATV guys, to quote that a guy with a thundercat and a big gun actually said its louder then a Funny car, I do find them outrageously loud, hopefully you can get it to a point where you don't hate it!

·
Registered
285 Posts
This whole Big Gun exhaust and power box mod looks like something I would do and then be sorry for all the money I spent and the frustration of not liking it after awhile. Funny how he loved it when he first put it on and it did sound nice but guess sometimes even louder has its limit of being cool. At least I am thankful for Ruffy's report so I don't make the same mistake.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I found on you tube where Ruffy did sell his TCat about 7 plus months ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts