Pelican or yeti???

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Yeti Sounds Cooler :lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts
It may seem like a lot of money to pay for a cooler but a Yeti will be the last cooler you will need to buy unless somebody steals it. I can recommend Yeti as one fantastic cooler.Cat happy I bought the yeti roadie 20
first and a year later bought the Yeti 45 because I loved the 20 so much. Even got 45 for our son for Christmas this year. The Roadie does ride just fine on the rear rack of our TRV and has kept cubed ice for 3 days on our last atv camping trip and know it would have kept block ice even longer.
If you follow the directions from Yeti ice will last a long time and you will never have broken latches or hinges either. I can't believe how much money I have spent over the years on cheap coolers.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
Damn... at $230 bucks for a Roadie I can buy a lot of cheap coolers over the next 20 years and won't care if they get lost, stolen or tore up.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pelican is here! Looks like a nice built american product!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Make sure to keep it under wraps though lots of greedy people try to snatch them up

·
Administrator
8,015 Posts
Just paint the word "walmart" on the side, no one will steal it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well we found that for our purposes and what we use our coolers for the Yeti is well worth the price although our Roadie was only $199 when we got it a few years ago which still isn't cheap by any means. The Roadie will keep ice 3 days and the Tundra 45 will keep block ice 5 days. Where we go there is no running back 30 miles on a dirt road to the store to get more ice for the cheap throw away coolers and we don't need to put so much in the cooler that there is no more room for food/drinks so you can have cold food/drinks 3 or 4 days later. Also in some places you are required to have bear proof food containers where you want to camp and they will check. I can tell you there are no cheap coolers that can keep a bear out.
I like my beer cold and not swimming around in cool water.

Damn... at $230 bucks for a Roadie I can buy a lot of cheap coolers over the next 20 years and won't care if they get lost, stolen or tore up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts