Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new Odyssey PC680's. The stock positive cable was just long enough to reach, just barely. One thing I noticed that concerned me was when the tool tray is put back on, it's really close to the top of the terminal bolts. Through the holes on the bottom of the tool tray, the tools just about touch. Anybody have any problems with anything arching? Are you covering the terminals with anything or will it be ok that close?

·
Registered
743 Posts
You don't want anything metallic to touch the battery terminals. Do what ever is neccessary to prevent that from happening.

I cut the foam blocks glued to the under side of the tool tray in half and it allowed me to get the tray hold down screws in.

Bottom of my tray is solid though.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am going to use some weather stripping and line the entire bottom of the tool tray.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JD700EFI @ Nov 16 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just installed my new Odyssey PC680's. The stock positive cable was just long enough to reach, just barely. One thing I noticed that concerned me was when the tool tray is put back on, it's really close to the top of the terminal bolts. Through the holes on the bottom of the tool tray, the tools just about touch. Anybody have any problems with anything arching? Are you covering the terminals with anything or will it be ok that close?[/b]

JD where do you buy these PC680's...Do AC dealers carry them ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had to use spacers on the tool tray bolts to get mine to even fit, was kinda ticked because ever one was like its a perfect replacement fit, well its a much larger battery and it seems like the terminals was on the opposite side or something wierd like that. The Od pc680 is not a simple drop in replacement it takes some rigging to get it to work. But it does seem to be the strongest battery i've ever had.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canam k @ Nov 17 2009, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JD700EFI @ Nov 16 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just installed my new Odyssey PC680's. The stock positive cable was just long enough to reach, just barely. One thing I noticed that concerned me was when the tool tray is put back on, it's really close to the top of the terminal bolts. Through the holes on the bottom of the tool tray, the tools just about touch. Anybody have any problems with anything arching? Are you covering the terminals with anything or will it be ok that close?[/b]

JD where do you buy these PC680's...Do AC dealers carry them ?
[/b][/quote]

I just got them on sale with free shipping for $108.88 from LMR Batteries BUT there was another member on here that had nothing but trouble from them because he ordered over the phone and not the internet.

Battery Mart Has them for $124.65 shipped.
http://www.batterymart.com/p-odyssey-pc680-battery.html

Highly doubt if any AC dealer carries them. I know some dealers have AGM replacements branded Arctic Cat and they are YUASA batteries. The ones branded Arctic Cat are mor expensive because of the name on them. Here's the link for that battery.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-YTX20-BS-AGM-...ee-Battery.html

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flameon32 @ Nov 17 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had to use spacers on the tool tray bolts to get mine to even fit, was kinda ticked because ever one was like its a perfect replacement fit, well its a much larger battery and it seems like the terminals was on the opposite side or something wierd like that. The Od pc680 is not a simple drop in replacement it takes some rigging to get it to work. But it does seem to be the strongest battery i've ever had.[/b]

My Odyssey's DID NOT take any rigging to get them to fit. I just put in in backwards like other members suggested and it worked fine. The stock cable did reach and tool tray fit just fine. I just need to apply weather stripping to the entire bottom of my tool tray because there are some open areas in the bottom of it where the tools are really close to the terminals. Other than that it fits perfect with no modifications.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
jd, electricans use a thick rubber tape that comes in wide rolls that would be perfect for what you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts