Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I found something interesting tonight after looking at the windshield instructions, it says and I quote
"Application: All atv's equipped with an Fis chassis." It would appear that this 07 windshield will fit more than 07 models and this confirms it. Now we have had other posts saying they work on 05's , 06's and of course 07's but this paperwork says all fis models. Maybe Arctic Cat is trying to keep this under raps because everyone will buy 07's and no 06's, because of the quick-release feature and cup holders . One thing to note I would recommend removing the windshield when traveling as Dan from kopp cycles informed me someone almost lost one while trailering ,so just to play it safe I will remove mine.

·
Registered
934 Posts
:beer_cheers:

How does it look? Do you have any good pictures of it installed? The Cat website says they wont fir older models too. A member here has one on his 05. He said it fits just fine. If my handguards were easier to take off, I would get one of these windshields for winter riding and plowing.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't installed mine yet as I just received it tonight, but probably by this weekend and I'll probably post again. Someone already posted pictures so if you search back maybe a few pages or so you may find the post ar just do a search. The instructions say it will fit all FIS atv's and didn't specify year, I may have a better idea once I install and see if there's some slack or play in the actual fit for other models. One thing to remember is this windshield mounts to the handlebars so how much difference would say 03, 04, 05 and 06's be and maybe this is why it says all fis atv's on the instructions.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Here is the link to the picks I posted some pick I hope this helps. crap I dont know how to add a link. Could some one help me do this.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I actually wanted to see some close-ups in lots of light. I've seen the ones posted a week or so ago and they aren't too clear. I don't ask for too much do I? :tongue_nana: :lol:

·
Registered
140 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catmandooo @ Jan 24 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dan from kopp cycles informed me someone almost lost one while trailering ,so just to play it safe I will remove mine.[/b]
The guy who lost his had backed his cat into the bed of his truck. The windshield, instead of forcing the air around the windshield, caught it like a parachute. Popped the bolts right out of the grommets. Amazingly, he didn't lose the windshield. It just settled down on the front rack and was there when he got home. Reattached it and it still works. Although it did have a few scratches from riding on the rack.

Moral of the story? Don't tow it backwards and you might be ok. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I heard the same about trailering. However last night I did down the highway. Only 65 mph and the windshiled was fine. Drove for about 15 miles on highway. No issue.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea but it makes me nervous as it would be a $130 mistake, as it stands I believe it cost me $20 for the compartment door which blew off while trailering. I have no luck apparently. No make it $260 as I bought 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I will try to get some pick in the day light and I will post them tomarow.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've been towing ATV's for 6 years all over and never a problem with my windshields... Don't tow it backwards like they said, and you'll be fine

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pictures,I can't wait to put mine on tomorrow . Does it force the air over your head when riding?? Is the shield high enough??

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I installed the windshield this afternoon and the temp was in the 30's which felt like a heatwave compared to the single digits and wind we be having here in Mass. I would have to say there is enough flexability in the mounting hardware to fit all the Fis Atv's like the instructions say. You may have to move something but I bet it will fit. The installation went fairly easy once I moved the diferential lock . I assembled all the parts except I didn't attach the windshield to its bracket. I used the bracket as the template to attach and fit the handlebar mounts. Once I got everything aligned I tightened the all screws then verified the fit. I had to use an air cutoff tool to cut down a screw which was interfering with the reinstall of the differential lock. I must admit I did use a level to make sure my root beer wont spill and my last step was to attach the bracket to the windshield with the black plastic fasteners. The good news is I'm set for snow with a plow and windshield, the bad news is we still haven 't had snow and I have yet to plow anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts