Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad comes to Maine once a winter. He told me to find him a beater...Here she is.

Looks like I will get to do the post mod and the AGLT mod in the near future. Sled was painted this color the day I was purchased.

LimeChild

[attachment=138906:580_1.JPG]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
member 94ZR580 is Wes. He's got a "purple fetish".

BTW, the "beater" looks quite impressive. Needs black ski's though!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It dosen't look that bad. If it were mine I would have my buddy do it in cat green...lol Remember its a flatlander thats going to be driving it...lol :bleedgreen

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I have never seen 94 ZR graphics on a green hood, I bet that would look really nice! I just hope your Dad doesn't dress like mine, he still wears the same AC Coat and Pants he bought when he was a Senior in High School 78-79, Yup, green and white stripes from shoulder to his ankles. Cracks me up so much when we are riding, my goggles fog up!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 11 2009, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have never seen 94 ZR graphics on a green hood, I bet that would look really nice! I just hope your Dad doesn't dress like mine, he still wears the same AC Coat and Pants he bought when he was a Senior in High School 78-79, Yup, green and white stripes from shoulder to his ankles. Cracks me up so much when we are riding, my goggles fog up!!!![/b]
Are you going to do the AGLT & post mod for your dad to use?

If you do, it will actually make it easier for him to drive the thing... More enjoyable for him. But I don't know if he'll be good for stand-up riding though.

I still have an Arctic Cat Leather Sno Pro suit from 78/79 that fits that description perfectly! :lol:

I never thought it looked so bad, in fact I see brand new stuff that looks waaaaay worse, that I'm surprised anyone will wear!

:chug:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I actually like the black chassis with the purple hood, a very sharp sled.

I wish my dad would ride with me, we rode alot together back in the 70's... I have tried several times to get him out on the zr or t-cat and he just won't do it.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LimeChild @ Nov 10 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My dad comes to Maine once a winter. He told me to find him a beater...Here she is.

Looks like I will get to do the post mod and the AGLT mod in the near future. Sled was painted this color the day I was purchased.

LimeChild

[attachment=138906:580_1.JPG][/b]
Nice sled in the day, but....how old is your dad? I'm thinking he would appreciate a little more suspension, lol. Hopefully your trails are pretty smooth up there. My buddy bought one of those brand new, and I remember it having a lot of zip.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I do the mods it will be for me...lol He only comes up to visit once a winter. If he dosen't like it I will drive it.

A few years ago my brother and I had identical 97 ZR 440's. My dad and I took them up to Rangley and put on about 120 hard miles. Some of the streight aways we were actually rubbing cowlings at about 80 mph. He couldn't believe how good they went. Before he moved to Florida in 92 he always ran DOO Doo's. His last sleds were 91 Formuls plus, and a 91 plus long track.

He drives a friggin 07 Z06 Vette. You would think he would go buy us both new turbos...lol

[attachment=139014:Grampa_2009_035_1.JPG]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts