Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals. well going on my 3rd cat today .since 2004 650 v2 . then 07 efi700 3 months ago.totaled it out over x-mas .in tenn. just got my new 650h1 today . sorry dont have a lot of time any more to do a search . what can i do for mods . help me out .lol..
thanks in advance
troy :site:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
there is only a couple available for the 07 so far, one thing that made it more snappy was drilling the 1/8th in hole in the carb slide which gives the slide a stronger signal so the slide opens faster, second thing i had done was orderd a clutch kit from speedwerx but its for an 06, they havent had an 07 in there shop yet to do any testing. you can also adjust the secondary as well thanks to crazycat 650 that helped as well.
as far as dynojet kit goes i bought one for the 500 due to dynojet hasnt had an 07h1 in yet either,but for 07 they put a 36mm carb on h1 they down sized from a 40mm from 06.
reason i bought a 500 kit was because its the same36mm carb rather than order one for an 06 which the 40mm has a different needle, the only other thing i had to do was buy bigger dj jets for when i decide to snorkle the intake.
speedwerx also is making or has a ign box that they say adds 4-5 mph top end doesnt really say what its controlling, for 300.00+ dollars id like more info before i purchase one.
anyways congrats on your new machine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks agian for the advice for the mods . ive not yet rode this bike . to see where i want to inprove it . thanks again ..

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok guys . and gals . i put 28 mudlites on it . before i rode it . got to ride today for a while . .ive had an 04 650 v2 ,and an 07 700 efi rest in peace. and now a new 06 ,650h1 . i think its a DOG . now before you all say break it in . i know that . and the tires are .going to be less responceive.

just was asking asking if any one elese thought it was kinda doggie at frist!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not having ridden the other two, I can't say if your observation is correct, but, my H1 really came alive at around the 500 mile mark. Tires won't make much difference to it, I swapped my buddy the stockers off of his 05 400I on in place of my 28's just for grins one day, and, on my machine, there was absolutely no difference in power, on his, different story... LOL...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Go back to 25" or 26" and tighten up the secondary this is not a so called snappy bike compared to the V2 and 700 EFI. If yours is truly an 2006 then you have the 40 mm CVK carb on it. Anything bigger than those 26's and you'll want the Speewerx clutch kit. I'm running the 25" Bighorns and the bike does 58.9 mph gps. Will hit the rev limiter at 62mph and 7200 rpm's. Now if you don't care about snappyness and go only mudding it will turn anytire in low just fine. What out for the bevel gear with huge tires.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I rode an H1 a couple days ago, and yes, if youve had a V2, it feels like your on a 400. But in low, it will pull a V2 around like a toy

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I sold my 2004 V2 a couple weeks ago and bought Catterman's 2005 H1, and you're right, she's an absolute DOG in comparison. The offset is that it's got a lot more low end power (not acceleration...power) than the V2. You just need to decide which is more important for your style riding and usage. For me, the H1 is a perfect fit. The V2 was a blast, but the H1 will do the job better for my use.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Troy,

Glad to see you back again... Hope all is well with you.. As i went through all that with in the past 6-months... Now, new home, New girl, New truck, New Wheeler.., All is going well for me... I have the 07-H1 and from what all you guys seam to say.. Mine is not a dog.. I have both the 04 v-twin and the H1 and yes the power is totaly different in both quads... I put my 29.5's on the H1 and no difference in power lose.. Even with the Duels on it.... I can't say any bad things about it. Now what i did to wake it up was HMF (louder) Rejetted it.. 3-2,inch snorkle.. All this woke it right up.

MArk

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
hey troy....what happened to the v2? and how did you total the 700?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey mark , buddyp .
lost the v2 in the divorce . so then came new girl and new 700efi. whent on vaction in tenn. at her brothers place . and rolled it down the moutian . was not happy with the 700. at all. dont know why . then i seen this blk.special edition 650 h1 and thought i heard good things about it . but as those who know me . ive not been around in a while . . so it followed me home just like a good little kitty . .and you guys are right . i need to think about what kinda riding .ill be doing . mostly hills and trails . its ok .just got used to the zip of the v2.

ok now whats this about a bevel gear???????? do tell me more .

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Troy,

Don't worry about the b-gear..They were pretty much fixed in late 06... Word to the wise..Don't bounce/hop the frt end..That takes it's toll on the cats.. Just ask GWC.... Glad to see your back...... Heard from Bob at all.. Is it just me or don't i see him posting as much?

Mark

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Welcome back :D

Another good thing for you is to buy Sanny's Speedwerx exhaust, sounds cool and helps A TAD with the power. :chug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts