Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as that clutch is a 30mm and your crank is an 01 crank (which is also 30mm) it will fit. The 02's and up were upgraded to 33mm
That was my thought too. To confirm, the new Team Clutches are long taper as well?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i would imagine trying to figure out spring and weights is a guessing game?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would imagine trying to figure out spring and weights is a guessing game?
It's my understanding that weights need to be 3 grams heavier, but I don't know for certain. I will update after it's been installed and test it out.

·
Super Moderator
8,160 Posts
Buy the spring for a 600 and a set of adjustable weights. You will probably be in the mid 60s for weight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Received the clutch today. Fits perfectly and bolted right on. Also verified it does not have spacers (Gap between sheaves). It doesn't.

The difference in quality between the older 6 tower and the new Team clutch is significant. AC did a great job with these. Now I need to figure out which weights and springs to use.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Received the clutch today. Fits perfectly and bolted right on. Also verified it does not have spacers (Gap between sheaves). It doesn't.

The difference in quality between the older 6 tower and the new Team clutch is significant. AC did a great job with these. Now I need to figure out which weights and springs to use.
please keep us posted on which weights and springs you end up with. Also let us know what engagement and max rpm you end up with(y)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
UPDATE.................Previous set up was standard 6 tower clutch with 53 gram weights and yellow spring. In secondary, 51 helix and r/w spring.

Installed new Team primary with 64G weights, and R/W/B Spring (65/245). In secondary, changed helix to 42 degrees with green spring (157 lb).

Engagement is around 3200 rpm, and VERY smooth. Felt like driving an electric car. Immediate power and tons of torque. Not sure if this is a trait of the Team clutch or the springs/weights, but I liked it.

Did not get a chance to open it up and determine max RPM, but I know it lost considerable top end speed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts