Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 artic cat 400 its in neutral lights on, but you can not push it acts like its in 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
If it’s an auto one or both clutches are not opening all the way holding the belt. Possibly seized calipers too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it’s an auto one or both clutches are not opening all the way holding the belt. Possibly seized calipers too.
I have the 4 wheeler on stands all 4 tires in air when i try to turn wheels thay all four move like its stuck in 4 wheel
Drive, now after saying that i have the top end off rebuilding it, i may be wrong but i dont think that would have anything
To do with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 4 wheeler on stands all 4 tires in air when i try to turn wheels thay all four move like its stuck in 4 wheel
Drive, now after saying that i have the top end off rebuilding it, i may be wrong but i dont think that would have anything
To do with it.
Also it manual , and neutral light is on bottom gear on toe, all gears seam to shift ok.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
So up in the air and all 4 wheels turn you have front diff engaged. This has nothing to do with gear shifter. It’s a separate shifter on left front fender. Lever out is 2WD and lever in is 4WD.
If you think it’s still in gear with neutral light on it’s possible the switch is defective. Shift it until it’s actually in neutral. Don’t look at light but spin rear tires after disengaging 4wd to confirm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So up in the air and all 4 wheels turn you have front diff engaged. This has nothing to do with gear shifter. It’s a separate shifter on left front fender. Lever out is 2WD and lever in is 4WD.
If you think it’s still in gear with neutral light on it’s possible the switch is defective. Shift it until it’s actually in neutral. Don’t look at light but spin rear tires after disengaging 4wd to confirm.
It does not have that extra shift lever, on the leftit has a little lever on the left handle bar that when you push it up or down, it makes a running gear sound in the front end , is that the part that takes it out of 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
It sounds like someone put a new style diff up front that has diff lock on it. This gives you true 4wd. The lever on the side just engages diff so front axles turn. This leads to another lever on top of diff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts