Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding them this Sunday out of the Lakewood Lodge parking lot. Just wanted to throw this out there and maybe meet a few fellow members from here.

John

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did almost 100 miles there on Sunday. Parked at the Lakewood Lodge in Lakewood, PA and bought our stickers there. Just be forewarned the sticker price goes up to $60 from the normal $35 during the snowmobiling season. Their site says 150 miles of trails but I was told its out of date and they are closer to 250 miles now. Looking at the map and how many miles/trails we covered I am inclined to believe it is closer to 250. For me, its worth every penny of the $60 to ride there for the season. I'm hoping the weather co-operates and I can get back there the last weekend in February. Here is a couple of sites in case anyone needs to read up on it. I'm no expert but I got a feel for what's what now so feel free to ask questions.

Snowmobile Usage on NE PA Rail-Trails

NEP Sno Trails

If anyone decides to go there please follow the rules and respect the boundaries set up by the club and landowners. Its a great spot to ride that is close to home and it would be a shame to lose it. Its too bad we don't have anything like this for the ATV's that is this close.

John

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes. To be very general, the trails cover from Forest City in the south up towards the NY State border in the north. It has a good sized east to west coverage but without going out to the sled trailer to get the map I couldn't be very specific. If you're going to join I suggest doing it before the season starts as the membership fee increases pretty sharply at that point. For being so close to my home in Orange County, NY its a fantastic place to ride and with the price of fuel nowadays I don't think I'll be heading upstate this year.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts