Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Snowmobile Design Poll A

• Please return to black like the 67 Panther did!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love colors! Color it green on cowl and all.

• Green and Orange are fine but hey, more colors

• Lets get back to the original colors of green and purple

• See my comments of my favorite colors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Arctic Cat fans and of course, other brands' fans, I am Mark and I am an Independent Industrial Designer, Artist, and Drafter. I am conducting a survey to know what YOU, the riders want in an Arctic Cat snowmobile of the future. After I finish gathering your ideas and needs, I will design a snowomobile and try to deal with AC to buy my design.

In the past--1985, I did a research and people told me what they wanted. They wanted the Z name back and they loved that 1976 SNO PRO AC had with the hammerhead cowl. I contacted AC and told them what the public wanted and AC LISTENED to our needs and brought out your favorite machines of 1990s and 2000s: the return of Z namestake and the hammerhead cowls they had on customer sleds.

Your feedback will truly be heard and they will make the machines you want for 2010s and beyond! I am aware of lack of snow and the history is "repeating" of early 1980s with high prices of gas, no snow, and too many produced snowmobiles that are unsold. But I believe AC will stay on with snowmobiles because of their ATCs-- yes, I call it ATC because ATVs are usually more than 4 wheels. We used to own an ATV back in 1970s that was made in Buffalo, NY. I am located in Syracuse, NY area along with my industrial design firm, FALSO CREATIVITY. Sorry no website is available but currently working on it. However, I can explain that I am more than happy to design your snowmobile into a customized sled. Please contact me for more details!

Thank you for your feedback and the poll voting.

I will conduct another poll shortly.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
welcome call to ArcticChat, Mark !. Best of Luck to you and your biz. I'm sure you'd want to contact/PM ODS Dan of your status here. I'll chime on and vote in your poll at a later time and date. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Mark, welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

Do you like the Trend AC is going with their models?

Yes, but not about the superficial things like looks and fit & finish. Yes, they are important, but are not as important as the things that make the sled perform. IMO #1 is suspension performance #2 torque/hp & speed #3 reliability/durability #4 fuel efficiency, but even more important than fuel efficiency alone: range per full tank of gas.

Weight and dimensions

Lighter is better, for acceleration, landing, etc... Helps fuel efficiency too. But heavier has it's benefits too. Like more stability at 100+ speeds. Want heavier to have great bump/cornering/landing performance too? Just make the suspension more capable to handle the extra pounds... It can and has been done.

I thought the FireCats were too small for me. That's just a personal opinion, but I've heard it from others too.

Colors

A superficial feature that doesn't make the sled perform better or worse. I prefer black, but it is just a personal taste. People can argue about colour all day long and in the end if such an argument can be won, there will be no winners if anyone has to lose.

How about less decals? The kid's lunchbox look is getting old... Think about world class cars like Lambhorginis, Porsches, Ferraris, etc. Why do they look good? Because the body styling & shape is the art. They don't need decals to make them look good! And it's the same for Arctic Cat sleds. They have a nice shape, but the shape becomes obscured once they become heavily decaled. Also, decals do nothing performance-wise, but adds a lot of cost to the sled.

Either way... Cat is going to make them in a lot of colours, because marketing studies have shown colour is important enough to become a buying decision factor for folks who aren't too concerned about the technical stuff that accounts for a sled's actual performance capabilities. Gone are the days when an entire brand comes in one colour only.

The above is only my worthless 2 cents. :chug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts