Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 96 ps 580 ext, and was wondering if it would hurt if i made a plate and raised my mounting for my rear suspensino down 2-3 inchs rasing my tunnel , would it effect my cooling ?? or would it realy matter , because it makes my tunnel alot higher off of my suspensinp then it would be , here is a pic of about the height

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would just look for a cheap newer style tsl skid from a '97 or later cat. You'll get more suspension travel and better ride. You can raise your skid, but it will mess up the geometry a little. They out there on e-bay pretty cheap.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The only thing raising the skid is going to do is raise your CG. Putting in a newer TSL skid will give you more travel and a better ride.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ditto. I've tried it back in the day and I didn't like it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
There are a few other threads on this topic, might wanna check em out. I believe one stated that to adjust for geometry, if you raise the rear mount 3 inches you must raise the front mount 1 inch. You also have to be careful about tweaking your tunnel, because the cross beam on your rear scissor acts as a cross support for your tunnel.

I think the only people who have seen advantages on this are those who ride mountain/deep powder.

Another option to raising ride height is stiffening up your torsion springs. This does help with rebound and in some cases does ensure that you're getting full travel out of that rear shock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i was jsut looking at it then and realized my shock is mounted rong , making my rear alot lower, the strap in my front is broken , and i got no front springs, so i dont think im goin to change the skid, cause i dotn realy have the $$ to do it , but thanks for all of the input if it doesnt give me the height that i want when i fix the problems then im goin to raise it about maybe 1 1/2 inches from the original location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts