Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im probably just overlooking something or somethin like that but i have to ask... where in the 99 zr700 carbs do you adjust the needle clip position? i had the float bowl off and took the needle and seat out of there and there doesnt apear to be any adjustability to it at all. is there another needle or something somewhere or am i just missing something with this one? thanks for the help

·
Registered
165 Posts
The needle is on the top side of the carbs. Very easy to get to. I have attached a picture you can reference. Take the top cover off (number 3) Take an allen wrench and losen the screw in front of the needle (number 16). Then just move part number 15 to the side and pull the needle out. Be careful though not to loose the little plastic washer that the needle clip sits on. Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for the info. like i said i was looking at the needle and seat in the float bowl going duh...where is the adjustment? bang your head haha

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
Keep it in the 3rd or center position, if that's where it is now, dont raise it to the 2nd it will be way too lean.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok tigger. yea that is what i was planning to do was move it to the 3rd because thats what ZRNEWF reccomended was the third position with 360 mains.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i just finished with my carbs. it appears that someone already did the needle clip position adjustment because they were already in the 3rd position but they never jetted it down because it still had the stock 350 mains in it. so i left the needle clip in the 3rd position and put in my 360 mains and we'll have to see how it does. at this point im hoping to have it started either tonight or tomorrow, just depends on how fast and how hard i feel like working on it tonight. haha :beer_cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.