Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a TZ1 LXR last year and we love it. Has all the bells and whistles (except the turbo) and rides like a dream. My one complaint is that with both me and the wife leaning into every corner the skis still want to come up pretty easily. Have had two-ups before but not one with this much suspension. I think I need to transfer more weight to the skis. Do I need to adjust my limiter strap or shock or what?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Do you have the overload engaged? Rear springs turned up (stiffend)? if so and still lifting ski, then I'd say yes, tighten the strap some.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Are we talking about inside ski lift, or both skis coming up. If it is inside ski lift, try tightening the front ski shocks, but only if the overload springs are up, and the torsion blocks are set to where you only bottom the rear suspension on the largest hits. I have over 8000 miles on a TZ1 turbo almost all two up and can't pull both skis even under the hardest acceleration. Also, what is the condition, position of your transfer blocks. I would be surprised if you need to pull up on the strap(if in factory setting), that being the middle hole.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I'm talking about the inside ski. If I'm going into a corner to the left and the wife and I are both leaning left, the left ski wants to come up. And the same to the right. The dealer said he had the suspension set in the middle position to start out and the ride is good. It only hits on the heavy bumps.I haven't had a chance to check anything else. It's been so damn cold every day.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Actually, inside ski lift in my opinion is a good thing. Means you are getting good grip with the ski that is turning(Outside ski). If it is excessive, first try taking up a turn or two on your ski shocks. Make sure you keep notes of what you do, and the result. Maybe just maybe if you can't get it under control without losing compliance on the ski shocks, you can pull the limiters up a bit. It will stiffen the approach to bumps, but will cure your inside ski lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Baydog. I'll try what you said. The sled turns very easily, maybe too easily and I don't want to have it become hard to steer. It just comes up way too easily. The wife and I have been riding for a long time and had a Panther that had a wider track and was closer to the ground. The wife's been behind me before and leans with me in every situation. Just don't like the ease in which the sled wants to come up. Feels like we're always on the edge of flopping over.

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Refallper how do you like the sled?, we are looking at buying a 2013 TZ1 LXR.
How many miles do you have on it now, the one we are looking at has 7128 Miles, just curious if that is alot or
does it still have life on it?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Hawm112,
That's hardly any miles at all. Lots of life left in it! Buy it and RIDE!

·
Registered
581 Posts
There is lots of life left in a 2013 with 7,000 miles, IF and only IF proper maintenance has been done and can be shown. There is no doubt that at that mileage a valve check/adjustment should have been performed. There is no doubt that some clutch work has been or is needed. There is no doubt that some suspension work has been or will be needed. These are big heavy sleds that ride and go fabulously, the downside is they wear parts.....My 2011 TZ1 had 15,000 miles when I sold it, and my 2013 TZ1 has 10,000 and counting.....Best sleds I have ever owned(and I've had lots), but like all sleds they need proper care.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Mine is a 2011 TZ1 Turbo Tourer with 6000 miles on it.
Rides like a dream and pulls like a Freight Train.
Every year turns over 3 times and fires!
Oil and Transmission change every 1000 or 1500 miles.
I'm in Ontario and not really thinking about parting company just yet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts