Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Need some wiring help for 1977-78 Pantera 440

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  matt_sledder_4evr 
#1 ·
There is no spark and some of the wiring has been cut, I really need a wiring diagram first. It is a liquid cooled 2 cylinder with dual carbs. Hope someone can help.

Also the engine model # I believe is G44BW

#2 ·
Mike was looking online and was searchin for info for you.
I went to the vintage snowmobile brochures and was looking for your sled.
I saw a 1976 pantera and it's free air.
The 1977 is a 440 but cant seem to find if its a f/a or f/c, or even liquid?
I also found out that my 1979 Pantera is a 500f/c with single carb??? always thought it was a 440 as I couldnt find the engine tag.

So your motor is probly original as they used it in the el tigre and probly tried it in the pantera. Sorry but I dont have the same kind of wiring on my pantera??
I could still get you the el tigre wiring but my camera is broken. If you give me a couple days I should be able to get it for you.
Thanks and sorry, MATT

#5 ·
Here are some pictures of it, Please excuse the dirt, can't go fast enough to blow it off.

[attachment=61040:111.jpg]
[attachment=61041:222.jpg]
[attachment=61042:333.jpg]
[attachment=61043:444.jpg]
[attachment=61044:555.jpg]

Attachments

#7 ·
That wiring diagram will help you with the chassis electrical, but not the engine - that is not an original Arctic Cat engine - all of the Pantera's except for the 1975 used a Suzuki air-cooled engine - the '75 used a Kawasaki fan-cooled, the '76 used a Suzuki free-air, the '77-78 used Suzuki fan and free-air engines, the '79-81 used Suzuki fan-cooled, etc.

The engine in the picture looks as though it could be a Xenoah liquid engine.

Dave

#8 ·
I believe that someone else told Mike on the ACSCC website that it is a motor out of a Rupp?
Mike, Put twin pipes on her and let her rip. They are extremely powerful engines and I heard had close to 90hp stock (with twin pipes)
So it should move your pantera pretty good!!!!
Also I told that other guy that panteras didn't use liquids for this year and he said they did. Guess I can stick my tongue out now! :tongue_nana:
:beer_cheers: MATT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.