Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am kinda new to the forum and i was hoping you coupld help me out with something. I just got my new Cat about 3 months ago, and I am loving it! :super_happy: I got a 2007 650 H1. I am wanting to set up a snow plow attachment for it, but I really have no idea what is out there. Does anybody have any recommendations on what would be a good plow set up. Planning on using it for snow and maybe some light dirtwork. I have a winch, but what all else will I need?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I have the 60" AC plow on mine and love it, I know that Moose and Country make plows I think there is a poll thread here about what types of plows people have try a search you might get more answers there

The AC plow has 3 parts you have to buy 1. the plow, 2. the push frame, and 3. the plow mount kit

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I had the AC one too and it worked fine. My H1 came with a solid steel plow, which will be interesting to try out tonight. All steel=more weight and down force for backplowing.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I have the A/C 60" straight blade and have been very happy with it. The poll that RobCat mentioned is located here - lots of good info/opinions on what people are running as their plows.

Good luck with whatever you decide - these bikes can push a pile of snow though, it really surprised me.

p.s. Welcome to the forums THE DUDE - great place for great people and lots of help.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Moose plows are good all steel plows. The "Country" version is just a winged design plow, they also just offer a straight blade too. Check out their webiste >>HERE<<. You will need to purchase the blade, push arms and also mounting plate.
For your 650 you will have no problems pushing all the snow with a 60" plow. My ol'man has the 60" moose country plow on his P650 and the wing design really does work great for pushing snow off to one side and would be good for longer driveways. The spring mounted push tubes are really nice to have catching that solid ice or ground too.
Also another thing you may want to pick up a short piece of winch cable, 5-6 feet should do as raising and lowering the plow and put a whole spool of cable in a knot and its not fun getting straight!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2005 400 auto with a 50 inch kimpex. Hand bar controls which is way faster then a winch. Winch is to slow and hard on battery. Winch is good if your lazy. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dude i have the 50" plow on mine its okay.IT is a little lite i believe it is fiber glass you really cant back drag at all with it.We dont get alot of snow any more here in the chicagoland.I like the winch for picking up but I have spooled it to far a couple of times.Thank god for synthetic ropes.Good luck with all your choices.I think when I got my set up last year with the quick mounts the push bar and blade it was around 5-550 all togethe.oh it is the cat one sorry

·
Registered
296 Posts
60" Cat plow here. It works great!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
used to have the 50 inch ac plow, worked great and yes i did use it in the summer for leveling dirt/stone. plow itself isn't heavy enought to stay down due to not being steel but i added a piece of flat stock 3/4 by 50 inch and helped dramaticaly. traded in for the 60 inch ac plow just last fall but haven't used as of yet. 50 inch is too small imo

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I bought the 60" cat plow This is the only way to go IMO. works great bolts up nice. The reason I picked the 60" is when you have it angled and U are plowing sidewalks your tires wont run over the ridge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts