Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89 wildcat

790 big bore kit...thats the tricky part

380 mains

50 pilot jet

middle clip position on needle

Idles great, but from idle to 1/3 open throttle, sputters. When advancing to full throttle, it cleans up nice and seems great on hard packed snow.

If I turn the air screw in (richens it) It seems to sputter worse. It also will bog down if I put it under extreme load, like hammering it across fresh snow. (sputters and feels like it is running out of fuel) I could be wrong, still don't have a feel for jetting.

I really want to clean up my low end slower speeds. What should I try. Is a 45 pilot a good idea....seems like with a big bore kit, i should go richer. But the 55 made it sputter alot worse.

Please help.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
If you increase bore and nothing else changes you'll pull more fuel through your current jets. It will or should make your sled run richer... if it was right before. The results of your pilot change and airscrew change are pointing you in the right direction. When you are unsure which way to go, go richer and note if it's better or worse. if it's worse, go back the other way. You are doing fine with it. From what I read here, I'd say you can go leaner on the pilot and maybe even the needle too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts