Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I've taken the whole front end of my sled apart to powder coat the front suspension on my sled. I decided to degrease the air box using lacquer thinner. Well the seam on the air box has separated. Is there anything I can do to seal it back up or do I need to buy a new box? Please help!!!!!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
I'd also suggest epoxy or similar to seal up the crack then cover the entire air box from just above the seam down with Gorilla tape to prevent future damage.
Cracks such as that are very common and in many cases result in severe engine damage.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
I'd also suggest epoxy or similar to seal up the crack then cover the entire air box from just above the seam down with Gorilla tape to prevent future damage.
Cracks such as that are very common and in many cases result in severe engine damage.
I agree with this solution partially. There is a lot of heat in there if it is the part close to the Y pipe. I have seen enough heat to melt the wire loom covers, so the glue on the gorilla tape will likely separate. I would feel better covering up the fix with some good aluminum tape or adhesive sheeting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts