Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a rear arm for my rear suspension. If any of you guys know of a good straight one for sale please let me know.

It can come from the following sleds...
97 ZR 440
97 ZR 580 efi
98 ZR 440 consumer
98 ZR 500/600

I need to find out why the difference in part numbers for 98/99 Sno Pro, which I believe also have the splined TSL. I would think these would work also but the part number is different.

I'm going to go check eBay and mpls Craigslist now.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
let me call a buddy, he may still have the original rear arm from my old suspension.ill call him after wotk tomorrow. i do have the front arm for the rear suspension.lol

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 8 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am in need of a rear arm for my rear suspension. If any of you guys know of a good straight one for sale please let me know.

97 ZR 440
98 ZR 440 consumer
98 ZR 500/600

I need to find out why the difference in part numbers for 98/99 Sno Pro, which I believe also have the splined TSL. I would think these would work also but the part number is different.

I'm going to go check eBay and mpls Craigslist now.[/b]

Difference for black or green?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
The only diff that I seen is the rails have less aluminum back by the rear wheels on the snopro. My rear susp. on my 99 SP is a 97 ZR. I'm 99% sure the arms are the same and I have a couple if you want.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hugh @ Nov 8 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Difference for black or green?[/b]
Bound to run into that somewhere. I know the 97 ZRT arm is black and it's splined but I don't know if the dimensions are different. Now, the Sno Pro arms are green yet still have a different number. Something has to be different with them and I want to find out what it is.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoprosrule @ Nov 8 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The only diff that I seen is the rails have less aluminum back by the rear wheels on the snopro. My rear susp. on my 99 SP is a 97 ZR. I'm 99% sure the arms are the same and I have a couple if you want.[/b]
Yeah, if you have a Sno Pro arm you can part with, I'll take it and try it.

If your buddy has a 97 arm, I'll take that too if he can part with it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This what you see on Browns also?

0704-336 green '97
0704-426 green '98-99
0704-489 black '98-99

I'm really surprised that those three years don't share the same updated numbers. I'd be more surprised if they didn't interchange anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think some 98 (ZRT/T-Cat??) and all 99 (except Sno Pro) have the hex TSL. Mine are splined. I would prefer a black one but will take what I can get for now.

·
Registered
451 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 8 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think some 98 (ZRT/T-Cat??) and all 99 (except Sno Pro) have the hex TSL. Mine are splined. I would prefer a black one but will take what I can get for now.[/b]
My 98 ZR CC/LE was splined.

·
Administrator
19,876 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 8 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

97 ZR 440
97 ZR 580 efi
98 ZR 440 consumer
98 ZR 500/600

I'm going to go check eBay and mpls Craigslist now.[/b]
see belows bold

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 8 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think some 98 (ZRT/T-Cat??) and all 99 (except Sno Pro) have the hex TSL. Mine are splined. I would prefer a black one but will take what I can get for now.[/b]
Even though Browns list's it being the same as back thru '97 (splined),, i'm quite certain mine is hex (for some reason),, I dunno

So tonight after work i'll double check,,, but. last I recall, mine is hexed if memory serves me correct,, but like I said, i'll confirm for sure

·
Administrator
19,876 Posts
Now Jeff, got a question for you,,,,,,, You still got the stock tm34's right?

Are you interested in parting them out or selling them outright? Seems one of mine has a gasket torn that you cannot buy separate, and either i'll make a new one, or find a couple used ones (the one between pilot jet boss and main carb body)

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Nov 9 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Are you interested in parting them out or selling them outright? Seems one of mine has a gasket torn that you cannot buy separate, and either i'll make a new one, or find a couple used ones (the one between pilot jet boss and main carb body)[/b]

PM address.

·
Administrator
19,876 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 9 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Nov 9 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you interested in parting them out or selling them outright? Seems one of mine has a gasket torn that you cannot buy separate, and either i'll make a new one, or find a couple used ones (the one between pilot jet boss and main carb body)[/b]

Done deal :beerchug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts