Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok with the snow we got in Maine i have put the plow on. When i go into 4wheel drive I hear this noise almost like a groning every rotation. With the plow its really pronounced, but without the plow not so bad. So when i speed up, the noise turns into a whining so im a little worried.
Could anybody no what it could be?
AUSSIE

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
When it's making the noise, and you've put it in 4x4, is there power to the front wheels???
Does it shift into 4x4 with a leaver, or is it a switch with an electric servo??
I know it sounds silly, but I had problems with mine for a while.
Wasn't going all the way into 4x4.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
that's what i was thinking, not going into 4x4 all the way and the gears/splines are just hitting. put er up on jack stands and give it a test, might want to look for adjustments also if not going into 4wd and wouldn't hurt to change the front diff fluid just incase any metal filings are in there after you get it working.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, i dont think thats the prob, there is full power to both front tires, in slip and full lock.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
well if it's working you might want to drain/change the fluid. that might tell you if there is something else going on by the texture/color/metal fragments in the oil. wonder if it might be a u-joint that is dry or on it's way out?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
did you loose a tooth somwhere in your front diff? that ol bike should have a manual 4x4 selector correct?

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
is it all the time or just when ur limited slip comes in and only the one wheel will spin

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The noise only happens when in 4wheel. Its even worse with the plow on it. And yes it a push rod selector

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
when i sold my 300 it needed a new diffy but u wouldnt even know unless the one wheel started to slip it was fine in 4wd as long as both front where pullin but as soon as the one wheel started to slip it just like u said a clunkevery rotation
if i was u i wouldnt drive it untill u get ur diffy tore apart to see whats wrong wih it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts