Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to rebuild brokeknee's '05 400 I, it will need to be bored to .050". Problem we are having is no one has a piston and ring set available, I have found that the piston for the Suzuki Eiger is the same and it comes in .050" and .100" but both of these are on national backorder and no one knows when they will be available. The only hope that we have now is to maybe find one on the shelf at a dealership some where. I have checked every where close to Shreveport, LA It would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows of another source or could check with your local parts house and find one available. I am willing to pay the shipping to get it here.

Thank You,
Jimbo
[email protected]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTT

·
Registered
235 Posts
Might wanna try WISECO

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will do, thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wiseco says they can't help, no such thing. Any other ideas put there?
Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hey im in the same boat you are tried wisco tucker rocky and a lot others cant seem to find one not even for a suzuki eiger same motor i really need this to get my bike going only place that said they could make it a big bore was four stroke tech.net but shipping is going to cost alot but you might want to give it a shot and let us know

·
Registered
358 Posts
I looked for an aftermarket piston for my 02 400 everywhere with no luck either. You could just order a stock 50 over piston from your dealer or alphasports. It'll be the same style piston that comes out, just .50 bigger. Here is the part# off of alpha sports. Part# 3436-015 Desc PISTON SET, OSO.50MM Price 93.45 Should be the same at the dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be happy to find an overbore if some one out there had one, problem I been having is the AC dealer says there isn't one available and the Zuki dealer says the Eiger over size is on national back order and has no idea when one will be available.

Thanks blue, I will give alpha a shot.

·
Registered
358 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J10_Jimbo @ Jan 4 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would be happy to find an overbore if some one out there had one, problem I been having is the AC dealer says there isn't one available and the Zuki dealer says the Eiger over size is on national back order and has no idea when one will be available.

Thanks blue, I will give alpha a shot.[/b]
I got one for my 02 and my brother has an 05, both are bored with a stock .50 piston from the dealer. I dont know why your dealer says its not available. I had no problem at all getting one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just tried Alpha and they can't locate that part number, but they give me the name af their tech and I am trying to contact him now. To be continued.......

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blue could you check with your dealer and see if he has another or get me the number??

·
Administrator
20,067 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oleblue @ Jan 4 2007, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J10_Jimbo @ Jan 4 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks blue, I will give alpha a shot.[/b]
I got one for my 02 and my brother has an 05, both are bored with a stock .50 piston from the dealer. I dont know why your dealer says its not available. I had no problem at all getting one.
[/b][/quote]
IF it's truly on nat'l backorder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 'zuk should automatically put it on their MOOSE system for parts search Motorcycle Out Of Service Emergency plan, this like yams YEP search plan, searches all dealers, as well as just the direct company warehouses, as it traces all part numbers of this nature from past sales to dealers, in hope of finding one somewhere in the continental US first, followed by other countries afterwards,, they usually are pretty successful,, good luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Zuki dealer did the search before Christmas and found nothing, I am supposed to have him try again next week.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not a problem, the Zuki dealer here is good people and I buy quite a few parts from them, it's the AC dealer here that I have doubts about.

·
Registered
358 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J10_Jimbo @ Jan 4 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Blue could you check with your dealer and see if he has another or get me the number??[/b]
I will give them a call first thing in the morning and verify the part number.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Zuki dealer came through for me, thanks for the help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.