Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a run of bad luck on my atv. First the plastic rad fan dried out and changed shape so wouldn’t turn. Electrically would have been fine but I overheated anyways. I changed the entire fan assembly & it seemed I got away with this overheat. Several rides later the thermostat got stuck closed. This caused another overheat :( Now after changing thermostat pressure builds in the cooling system & forces coolant to overflow. It seems that it “might” be the head gasket ??? I was hoping to source a head gasket & timing belt from a source other than arctic cat since they want $1100.00 for these 2 items !!!! The local dealer also said their are 3 possible head gaskets for my atv ??

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Try a Kohler dealer. That Lombardini /Kohler motor is very common, used in gensets and even sold as a marine engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is the Canadian Kohler dealer? How do I get in touch with them??

·
Registered
12,642 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had a run of bad luck on my atv. First the plastic rad fan dried out and changed shape so wouldn’t turn. Electrically would have been fine but I overheated anyways. I changed the entire fan assembly & it seemed I got away with this overheat. Several rides later the thermostat got stuck closed. This caused snaptube vidmate another overheat :( Now after changing thermostat pressure builds in the cooling system & forces coolant to overflow. It seems that it “might” be the head gasket ??? I was hoping to source a head gasket & timing belt from a source other than arctic cat since they want $1100.00 for these 2 items !!!! The local dealer also said their are 3 possible head gaskets for my atv ??
sounds to be a lot I don't know if there is any provider with cheaper items , but choose quality man anyway , it will save a lot more than you spend on it

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
IMHO, it's an excellent, robust and well designed motor, but overheating any diesel can get very expensive. My other diesel is a Ram Ecodiesel, also made in Italy. Would not want to know what overheating that would cost!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts