Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking E-bay. Where do you guys get 'em?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I bought a new uncalibrated clutch from Kens sports a few years ago. I replaced a 9-tower with a newer 6-tower for about half what my local delaer wanted.

Maybe Dan at the ODS?

Someone else had a place of similar price the other day too.

(I'm a little weary about ebay used primary clutches since I saw one turn into a tasmanian devil once.....)

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the reason cat changed the clutches to the 6 tower to replace the 9 tower. Will there be any difference in performance? They are new now??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
tcat446, if you are gonna buy a brand new one try dealercostparts.com just pay with a credit card, don't need to open an account. You won't find one cheaper. Ron.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i could not say why they went to a 6 post clutch for sure but my guess would be maybe cheaper to make and easier to balance?

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got one coming from Ken's sports. $279.95 Plus 15.00 shipping. Thanks 03ZR9! Cat deals and dealercostparts and all else mentioned were all the same price. Ken said that they went up and I got the last cheaper one. Thanks to everyone that gave me info.!

I am assuming no noticeable difference in performance with a 6 tower? Hope I won't have to re-tune the clutching now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts