Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 400 4x4 core, it’s an ok machine it does what I need it to do but...... I need more torque out of it, I looked for a clutch kit and nothing anybody I have any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Short of forced induction I don’t see bolt ons gaining you enough on a 400 to make much difference. Internal engine work to the head and bottom end could get results but you’d spend far more than the price difference you’d see selling your 400 and buying a larger machine. I’d be looking for an upgrade, as opposed to squeezing what you’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Which motor is in your quad? Cat or Temco?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I thought I found a kit but it was the wrong year

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s the cat engine. I have had the same luck finding kits just wrong years.
i Was afraid of having to sell and get a bigger machine.
I read some where if you change the spring out in the clutch but it it didn’t say what spring or from what just not enough info for me to bite.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I tried several different springs in my 04 650le and finally found what I liked. If you're not sure about what they are selling just keep looking

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Web Racing might have a cam, also a timing advance key, then have to run premium gas. Did that to my old 500 Cat, it would probably keep up with my 700.... Check Speedwerx as well.

·
Administrator
39,129 Posts
I have a 2014 400 4x4 core, it’s an ok machine it does what I need it to do but...... I need more torque out of it, I looked for a clutch kit and nothing anybody I have any ideas?
Look for a Kymco clutch kit as that is a Kymco engine.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
its a sellers market right now.. I would sell it and go bigger thats what i did and i have no regrets

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
No replacement for displacement. 550 or 700 Cat or, even an older Cat 500 with the Cat motor. Kinda partial to Cat, but the Can Ams are pretty sweet too .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts