Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of kimpex shocks to replace the ryde fx shocks that were on my o2 zl 600. When I bought them the guy told me that I could use the stock spring retainer and spring, but of course when I go to assemble the shocks the retainer doesn't seat properly because there is a bead of weld around the bottom of the shaft and the collar that threads on the shock body has square notches in it that dont fit properly on the upper part of the spring where the tab that fits into the collar goes. WTF. so now what? do I need to buy retainers and springs from kimpex as well, because if so, I cant find springs that fit my part # from kimpex. At this point I am not to happy with kimpex or the place I bought them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to take them back but the problem is that the ryde fx are shot. One of them has rust all over the shaft and they have no rebound and are very easy to mve up and down when the springs are off. So I want to use the kimpex if possible. Will the shocks work properly if the spring isn't centered to the shaft and body?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts