Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 F7 . Right now I have 66 grm weights in there with a orange spring, spring #0646-248 is this a good set up ? I was told by another person that i should move up to the 68-72 wieght range and as far as the spring goes is the orange spring the way to go ? On my secondary I have a ods1 thats what it says anyways and it has a purple spring in it.

Let me know what you think . what i am looking for is fast hard acceleration but still able to take through the trails Thanks.

Weights DPR 66 Not sure what brand DPR is.

Primary spring orange with white stripe #0646-248

Secodary ODS ODS1 w/puple spring with white line

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i dont know if dan has them listed on his site or not ,just click on ods(outdoor shop) at the right side under sponsors and check it out,the best way to get ahold of him is by email

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikef7 @ Nov 19 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Link to kits:
http://www.theoutdoorshopinc.com/performan...;products_id=77

Only way you should put more weight in the primary is if your under 100 lbs or have some bolt on mods and porting.

The kit you have is perfect for what you are looking for.[/b]
Thanks for the tip,

Yea I just want to move fast , I am mostly stock except for the air intake, Bikeman moded stock pipe, Bikeman wye pipe, Bikeman 2.5 timming key, fuel reducer, 4th wheel kit and soon to come ecu flashed to a 06.

I have a friend that has a ZRT 800 just want to make sure i stomp on him up to 95-100. One guy i was talking to was saying to go up in wieght on the primary. What do you think I will gain by going to a 10.4 secondary ? Remember not alot of cash to sped right now , also want to keep it reliable so i am not blowing belts or motors.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
sounds like ya could use a little weight if your running those mods ,the best way to find out is email dan ,tell him what ya have Cat happy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the grinch @ Nov 19 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sounds like ya could use a little weight if your running those mods ,the best way to find out is email dan ,tell him what ya have Cat happy[/b]
Do you have the 10.4 secondary, what do you think about those ?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
10.4 upgrades are for the diamond drive,i just put a new one on mine this year and put one on a 04 zr 900 to which didnt come with the 10.4 mine came with the 10.4 i have a 06 f7 sno pro,im sure you can get different secondary clutchs for yours ,but really dont think ya need one,if you have a 03 yours is chain drive you can just change gears, Cat happy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the grinch @ Nov 19 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
10.4 upgrades are for the diamond drive,i just put a new one on mine this year and put one on a zr 900 to which didnt come with the 10.4 mine came with the 10.4 i have a 06 f7 sno pro,im sure you can get different secondary clutchs for yours ,but really dont think ya need one,if you have a 03 yours is chain drive you can just change gears, Cat happy[/b]
ok i got ya. I had no idea what the whole 10.4 thing was about now i do thanks.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
should be fine as is.. if it revs over 8k rpm then you could go up on the wieghts to 68, but I doubt it.... also run the stock 020 belt..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts