Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what i would change to make a True HID kit workin my sled? I have them in my cars that i drive and they are just a simple plug in the ballest. But is it the same way for a snowmoible? or do you have to wire it up different. I do know the firecat bulbs are just a car/truck Fog light bulb. If you have a answer for me that would be awsome. Thanks for you help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You need to create a DC source for the ballasts. They require around 15A startup current for both ballasts then they roll down to around 7A. The total draw on the stator for a hot bulb is around 80W for two 35W HIDs. There are complications in rectification due to the frequency of the AC output of the stator. I am converting a ZR3 chassis to use HID on the high beam bulbs and have what I think will be the solution on order. I hope to be able to post the entire solution next week

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks when you get them in your ZR3 let me know how it goes, and how you exacley did it. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Eangelo @ Nov 11 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was wondering what i would change to make a True HID kit workin my sled? I have them in my cars that i drive and they are just a simple plug in the ballest. But is it the same way for a snowmoible? or do you have to wire it up different. I do know the firecat bulbs are just a car/truck Fog light bulb. If you have a answer for me that would be awsome. Thanks for you help![/b]
The firecat chassis cannot use HID's. They have a PJ13 base style bulb, which there are not any HID kits available, plus there is a problem with the AC voltage. I have them on my 2009 F8 SnoPro. They are rediculous!! I got them from a company called Turnagain healights. They offer different kits for sleds with auto-style bulbs, lifetime warranty!! They flicker alittle during startup but once you ride, they are bright!! The twin spar chassis use 800 series bulbs for low beams, and H11 bulbs for High beams. Companies usually make HID kits for car style bulbs, which the firecat chassis do not have. Hope this helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have a firecat and i got 894 bulbs in mine, i just order a set from wholesale hid but just reading all of that i think i just wasted the money...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts