Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think its with EFI 2 mins of riding then it bogs. shut key off then resart and away it goes. min later bogs then just shut key off and start it again and away it goes again. this sled was working fine ,then we put electric start and reverse in it from a ZL 600. this was more work than we imagined. dont know what to change to get it working rite again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had almost the exact same thing happening to my m8. I have an article on snowest I will link you when I get home about lots of issue it could be. Wht ended up being the issue is my taillight wire was shorting out causing the sled to go into limp mode. Turn the sled off start it and it worked perfect for 30 seconds. Check the taillight wire at the back of te sled and under the gas tank those are two common trouble areas.

·
Registered
285 Posts
What kind of a sled are you having the issue on? Do any arctic cat mountain sleds even have batteries for the electric start to run off of?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 2002 mountain Cat 600 EFI Bought new in 02 ,now i want to use it for ice fishing . bought a 570 2up touring sled but not enough power and track for the deep snow . Boy wanted a project so told him to take the electric start and reverse out of a 2002 ZL600 EFI , and put it in the mountain cat. Big Project! Sled was down to a tunnel with engine. Drive shaft was different,and entire wiring harness.Mountain Cat now has electric start Reverse higher windshield Mirriors and getting a hitch. thanks for advice i'll look at the wireing closer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts