Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if a Dayco Max 2 1132m2 will work for my '01 ZR 440 Sno Pro? can't find any info if it will or not....looking at getting spare to have with me when i go riding this year i think would be a smart thing to have aboard. The one i have now is a Arctic Cat 0627-010 or does anyone have one of those cheap...thanks guys

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have tried aftermarket belts a few times over the last 20 years. Every time I tried they did not work as well as the OEM's. I tried a Dayco belt here last year when Fleet had a good price on them and wasn't happy with the performance. Stick with OEM for belts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah good idea to stick with stock belt, CAT has a few different belts that will work, difference is some have different widths and would require adding or removing shims from the driven pulley to get correct belt deflection. Also they are made of different compounds and a softer compound will make the engine run at a higher RPM.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys looks like that was an easy decision after hearing from u guys....I'll just stick with the OEM from Cat and be just one less thing to worry about...thanks again guys

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I stick with OEM belts also only after market belts I ever used where the BLACKMAGiC cause I could get them cheaper then OEM where I would buy them. I think they where OEM belts just had the blackmagic name onthem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts