Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bang your head I have a 01 ZR800, I have a D&D clutch kit, Boyesen reeds, 2 degree timing key, MBRP can and up two teeth in my gearing. I just put D&D Single Power Pipe, it feels like I lost alot of top end and some mid range power. Need help?

·
Registered
118 Posts
pipe is most likley making more power power means more air probally needs to be jetted more and mabey a mild port job

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm running 430 jets in my sled now, it's burning just right. I live in Maine, so what do you think I should use for a jet?

·
Registered
714 Posts
D&D should be able to tell you how to jet it with the D&D pipe. They do alot of Testing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get rid of the can. If they have the pistion update take .010 off the heads. Make sure the engine hits the pipe RPM.

(Hey Auggie see you moved to a ZRT800. Maybe see at a race.. Al)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hello Al. Doing mostly Sno-X now but you never know. Boy I sure miss them good old days Speed Running at NSSR.

Auggie

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you recently blown any belts? If so you may have a Crank problem!!!!
If your crank is out any more than .003-005 thou you may need it straightened
John at Nothern Crank can fix you right up. If anyboy else begs to differ then
I'm sorry but it could be a big part of your problem.
I have ran both gearing Ideas but if you go down YOU MUST STUD THE
****TTT out of it. This motor will grunt but does not recover well if you spin
real hard and try to play catch-up. I'm running 25-38 in my 8 and letting it
eat. I do howerver run 200 or so 1.45 in a 1.25 track 121 inch. 7800rpm 76 gram weights 56/40 cam
If you run low gearing watch out for any average F7 studded up it will walk away and
and leave you scratching yourself. They can on hard pack lay down a 110 plus
pass without much trouble. These are non Diamond drive I'm talking about.
And those D/D are getting better.
Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did blow a belt this year on the ice, it was a new belt and i brake it in before I ran it hard I made three runs two kind of slow around 70 mph and one wide open and the belt went. I didn't blow a belt last winter but the winter before that I did. How can I get in touch with John at Northern Crank?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts