Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

need help w/ belt align. tool

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  tcat446 
#1 ·
I have the tool that checks the align. on the clutches. I just want to make sure Im using it rite. I did a search and cant find the old post about this. I replaced the 6 post to a 9 post on and went w/ the aftermarket orange spring. It now engages up around 5,000 rpm vs. 3600 or so like it used to. I fixed a broken motor mount bolt, and put the pipes on. When I fired it up, I kept reving it higher and higher untill it it jumped forward" :D" . It will be ripping out of the hole now. Now I need some snow to try out the AGLT and the new clutch. Rockerdude

#6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01ZRTCAT @ Dec 21 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Where did you get the alignment tool? I need one[/b]
Its a friends. I plan on making a pattern and cutting one out of thin wood or have another friend make an alum. one at his work. I would imagine one of the sponsers to the right of the screen have them. I can post up a make shift blue print drawing when i measure it.

#11 ·
I don't see any reliefs cut out for the tool to sit on. If it doesn't state the center to center (12.200) I wouldn't buy it. HPE has them now for like 22.95 plus ship. You could check with others here on the site that advertise and see if they have them.

#12 ·
Here is a pic of your clutch offset that the tool also checks. Just thought ya might need it too.

Attachments

#16 ·
Very nice! Thanks.

ETA: Is this the correct one from HPE?

Clutch Alignment Bar(Reference #725-167)
FOR COMET, ARCTIC CAT DRIVE with ARCTIC REVERSE CAM DRIVEN.
Center distance notches for 10.2" & 12.2"
For best performance and belt life, exact clutch alignment is necessary.
Instructions

37 In Stock
$22.95

Yes, that the one. #725-167.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.