Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled is beginning to behave strange.
The sleds start normally, but the rpms shows 3000rpm at idle even if it sounds like 1800 (sounds normal). The clutch is siiting right at the secondary, and the clutch is also alligned.
I can`t get it past 5500-6000rpms when i ride. Bogging big time. Hold full throttle for 5-6 sec and it still doesn rev normal. Seems like it doesnt get enogh fluid?
It is a F7 SnoPro efi 2003, with speedwerx pipe, d&d pac, mbpr can, black magic clutch kit
The last ride i had with i started to notice that the sled seemed to hold the rpms quite high before i went down idle rpms?
What should i look for?

Hope anyone here can figure it out.

Sorry for my bad english:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS. The other day i dissabled the throttle safety switch because it was bogging for a few rides. After that it was ok for a while.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check your fuel filter first. Efi boots by the injectors, and the crank seals. if all ok take out the plugs after a 700 foot ride when engine is warm and check the plugs should be golden brown. If white or gray you may have big problems. Dark brown or black is rich which could be fuel injector stuck open intake air temp sensor not working right. Best to check and get back to me if you need to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
might also wanna check your power valves............supposed to be cleaned at least twice a season.
i'm pretty sure there was one guy having the same kinda trouble and he found out it was the power valves stuck open or something like that!.........................so you might wanna give that a try,in your owners manual it gives you specs for what they are supposed to set at or how to set it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now i think i have figured this one out.
I have checked the valves (OK)
Fuel filters (OK)
Measured both air and water sensor according to the diagram (OK)
I ripped almost the hole sled apart, and measured "everything"
I noticed that one of the cables that goes into the coil was a little loose, with no power at all i pulled one out. After i pulled it in again real hard the sled runs like a dream.
Could it be just this that caused it all?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had the same sort of problem where I could only get 6200RPMS out of it at full throttle
turned out that the servos were not turning
If you take the cover off of them you can see them cycle at high rpms when they turn
if they do not you may be able to turn it manually with a wrench and it resets the servos
I did that and it fixed the problem

I know you have figured the problem out but it could be something to check
Hope everything goes good
Tyler

·
Registered
46 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LordPalo @ Mar 20 2007, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Now i think i have figured this one out.
I have checked the valves (OK)
Fuel filters (OK)
Measured both air and water sensor according to the diagram (OK)
I ripped almost the hole sled apart, and measured "everything"
I noticed that one of the cables that goes into the coil was a little loose, with no power at all i pulled one out. After i pulled it in again real hard the sled runs like a dream.
Could it be just this that caused it all?[/b]

most likely that's what caused your loss of rpm...........if a coil arks you lose power like you said cause the more you press the throttle the stronger the ark (or spark) so you may not have noticed it at idle, but it will definitely ark out as soon as you were on the throttle, >note to those guys who have a "dark without lights shop" to do it in< turn the lights off and fire your sled up and if you don't notice an ark at idle rev it up until you do, or put it on a stand so you can get higher rpm............best way to find an ark or a stray spark!........speedwerker! ..........p.s. unless you accidently grab it or touch and find it like that......lol ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.