Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running way too lean with 380 jets and needle up two slots. Whats going on? Only mods are larger air intake and ods clutch. This is on an 03 F5. The plugs are really white.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How are you doing your plug check? With 380 mains you should be really rich. When you check your plugs are you running wide open for a long stretch and hitting the kill switch without letting off the throttle? Thats the way I've been told to check plugs. Otherwise your carbs may be gummed up and there isn't enough fuel getting through the jets. I was also told that you lose power with the larger air intake on the F5's.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I JUST DROPPED FROM 380 TO 360,I DO HAVE THE STOCK INTAKE IN MINE,MY PLUGS LOOK GOOD ON MY 03 F5,SPRAY STARTING FLUID AROUND CARB BOOTS AND CRANK SEALS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT SUCKING AIR SOMEPLACE

·
Registered
288 Posts
With the addition of the high air flow kit, which most people do not recomend, you have to ritchen it up.

I would have never bought the high flow intake. It makes you lose power aparently and it causes problems.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yep....richen it up ASAP before you melt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts