Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already changed plugs and now working on hunting down a fuel filter but i get a bog down almost to a stall every time i hit a bump or come up out of a ditch. it tried to die crossing the highway and stalled in the ditch causing me to dig snow for over an hour to get it out. what could be causing this? its a 97 cougar 550. i have to rev it up before i cross any traffic so it dont stall and digging snow was enough for me.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
So it runs good, just doesnt want to move? Sounds like your clutches need a check up. Lift the rear of the ground and see how easy it is to spin the track. If its real hard, it could be bad bearings. Tell us more on what its doing. Will it run fine and sound good when the track is off the ground?

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel filter was plugged some. when off the ground it runs great, track spins even at idle it seems like. starts like a champ and everything. im trying new fuel filter and going from there im thinking maybe the floats on the carbs are sticking or something after all it had 2yr old fuel in it when i bought it last year and i had the same problem

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well guys its still acting up bogs down around 3000rpm and lower and even let out a backfire today. what should i do. i need this for a ride on the 16th for breast cancer

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have ran fresh fuel for all of this season and last once i got it. im probably going to take it to a guy that knows cats well to fix it i dont dare to dig into the carbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts