Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 zr 900 efi.. I start it up and let it warm up. Then when you take off and then let off the throttle it searches for idle up and down almost to a stall. I can manipulate it to run if i move the throttle up and down. could this be some type of throttle override problem? ifso How do i fix it properly? and what exactly is wrong? is it the throttle lever itself or the kill switch box next to the throttle lever giving me the problems? I hope someone can help going up north in a couple weeks, i would love to get it fixedI dunno

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
I'm not an efi guy but I'm thinking TPS issues.

Sent from somewhere in MN

Reactions: MEAN_GREEN_MONSTER

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is a TSS like a throttle override? sorry im an idiot haha.. Do i have to take the plastic cover off that holds the key switch to get at it? I know its a three wire plug by any chance you know the colors?
Thanks! This sled has different controls then my Tcat

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im still getting in the game so I'm not 100% certain maybe someone else could chime in but could it be the powervalves? I rode my friends ZL800 and it did the same thing and he said it was the powervalves but his isnt EFI.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ran the old gas out of it. new gas is in it for a while now. still does it. Just ordered a new throttle assembly for cheap money. That will eliminate the whole override system then we will see!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can just put heat shrink tubing over the middle prong, in that 3 prong plug in. This is bypass the TSS switch, but retain the function of your kill switch. This imho is easier done than swapping out the throttle assembly. I have done this on my wifes 00 ZL 500 efi. Tight fitt and might have to enlarge the hole a bit with a screw driver after adding the heat shrink tubing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts