Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 06 f6 efi out for the first ride this season. Came around a corner and met up with a damn moose...hit the brakes slid sideways and hit a soft spot then caught and..yup you guessed it fliped onto its right side (exhaust can side) Sled kept running and i flipped it back onto its skis with in 5 seconds of tipping. Opened the hood and looked everthing over it looked normal. So i take off and about two miles down the trail the check engine light starting flashing. I ran it for about 1/2 a mile and the light went off. Engine sounded normal and seems to run fine. My question is should i have it checked out by my dealer??

Second question....any suggestions on how to fix a cracked cab? the crack is maybe 6 inches long located by the hood latch?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
have you tried any local body shops that have a plastic welder??

as for the light????
electronic's I dunno who know's why?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice..was jsut hoping someone found an epoxy that works in the cold and wont crack..till i flip it again..lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
not sure if they are the same but my friends has a 03 and the engine light would flash air in the coolant maybe when it flipped you got air sucked in coolant . bleed your coolant it sure won't hurt .

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
didn't they have a thing that if they tiped that they could get an air bubble in the oil line.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
I have fixed a lot of them, the first thing you want to do is drill a 1/8 inch hole at the very end of the crack.
If you don't as it "wiggles" around when you drive it the crack will contine to keep on going.

Take and sand the crack on the back side with a 150 grit sandpaper about a inch and a half out on each side of the crack. You want to take some masking tape and put it on the painted side of the hood to keep it held together and stop the oozing out of the hole you drilled
JB Weld works very good for this repair. Don't use the JB Kwick.
It will take both tubes. Mix both of them together and take a squegee and apply a thin coat where you sanded it.

Get piece of fiber glass mat that is as big as the area you sanded on the back side of the hood to reinforce the repaired area. get a piece of tinfoil and cut it about a inch bigger than the fiberglass patch all the way around it.

Then set the patch on the tinfoil and take the squegee and smear a thin coat of the glue on one side of the patch to cover it completely. then pick it up and put the patch on the hood and work it down buy rubbing the back side of the foil, once it is "worked in" take and remove the tinfoil but leave the fiberglass patch on it and squegee some more glue over it.

Leave the tape on the painted side for 24 hours until the glue dries and you will have a very strong repair.

if you plan on fixing it on the painted side you will want to make the crack bigger, about a 1/4 inch gap.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts