Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I run scott / spy ..... Do not cheap out on the goggles U will regret it ... nothing worse than foggy goggles ... and dont forget to get the quick grips.

If you were runing a full face U will love the improved field of vision

·
Registered
316 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stainless tig 1 @ Dec 19 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just bought a "snowcross" helmet and need to buy goggles but there are too many to pick from. Anyone have suggestions?[/b]
Just a sugestion but take your helmet with when you go to buy goggles and get the pair that fits your helmet the best, no gaps around them anywhere or you will freeze skin. I guess to me brand is minor its the fit that matters. You can get better anti fog lenses for most any brand of goggles. Depends what brand of helmet you have you might get by cheap or it might be the most expensive pair that fits but like said before don't get cheap or you will eventually regret it. I have a hjc helmet and scott goggles fit real nice. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had the same decision a while back to make. Confusing as hell!!! I agree 100% with Soland...
I decided on the Pro Vue's. I love the fact that i can change tints, instantly to match conditions. Bonus for me was i was able to drive 20 min to pick them up directly for owner and inventor anad talk with him only 1 town away from me. How convient was that . Go check them out at provue.com
I also have the Sno Cross helmet and now what i feel are the ultimate goggles to match see pics:
[attachment=142333:Sno_Cros...lmet_001.JPG][attachment=142332:pro_Vue_Gear_002.J
PG]
hopes this helps...check that website out and if decide on them ( sale right now on em) tell Randy Jason from Oronoco sent ya...

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought a HJC, but i also wear one of those clava things too. I was reading about the 509 goggles that have extra wind protection around the outside to fill in any gaps. Definatly not looking to save money here, just want something that works!

Thanks for the advice fellas

·
Registered
208 Posts
I tried a ton when i got my snowcross helmet, both at shops and from my pile of snowboard goggles and the oakley crowbars were best hands down. The strap holdouts are just right and they have the best goggle lenses in the biz. They now have a new version of the crowbar that has even more releif around the nose area, a key part of fitting goggles to helmet if you have a big nose like me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have 3 pairs of Smiths and 1 set of set of thors, they're motocross goggles but they work awesome. tinted for day and clear for night.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well around my neck of the woods i honestly had some serious trouble finding a "local" shop that carried anything close to what i wanted. I ended up driving and hour or so to a shop that carried what i was looking for.

I went with a scott light sensitive lens made for snow. They fit very well in the helmet and cover all my skin. Bought the quick snaps for them too. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
316 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stainless tig 1 @ Dec 23 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well around my neck of the woods i honestly had some serious trouble finding a "local" shop that carried anything close to what i wanted. I ended up driving and hour or so to a shop that carried what i was looking for.

I went with a scott light sensitive lens made for snow. They fit very well in the helmet and cover all my skin. Bought the quick snaps for them too. Thanks for the help[/b]
Light sensitive are they like photo gray glasses that tint in the sun? What did they set you back? I would like lens like that.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, exactly! They were acually only $68, pretty happy with them so far....they didnt ship my breath gaurd with the helmet so the outside fogs up when i exhale out of my mouth really hard

·
Registered
272 Posts
ive tried smith scott and spy.. The best by far are the scott turbo flow XI light sensitive. They neveerrrrrr fog up and fit perfect in the helmet. Also the light sensitive is very nice, clear at night and blue in the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts