Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone , having aproblem with keeping the revs up on my zrt 600 tripple.I,m running 60/40 D&D helix, green secondary spring with a roller and 22 41 gearing , now the primary is a6 tower with a heel clicker set up with there black spring, the problem is I can make 2 or 3 runs and it will pull the 9200 rpm (D&D pipes, can and other various things done to the motor)but I can slowly watch the rpm drop after a few more runs to about 86 or 8700 ,or even after some agressive trail riding,take the primary apart ,spring sacked , replace, good to go, does it again , replace good to go,now its done it again . The black spring is a 380 finish , maybe to high and can,t hold the tension. Is there anyone out there that has had similer problems with the heel clicker springs , or is there another set up that i should try that uses say the arctic orange/white spring and lighten the wieghts so the spring will last longer . Also this motor is in a ZR chassis , any help will greatly appreciated and A.S.A.P if possible because the weekend is here .Thanks in advance bang your head

·
Registered
215 Posts
i'm not familiar with heel clickers, but 380 is an extremely high finish rate. takes a lot of hp to compress that spring. try a softer spring and less weight. you can go stiffer than cat o/w, maybe something with a 320 or 330 finish rate and drop 2 or 3 grams in weight. with the cat o/w you'll probably have to drop 4 or 5 grams.
or course this is all assuming the primary spring is the reason you can't hold rpms.

ps goodwins purple spring (140-360) is another option. they use this in their kit for the 600 twins.
i had no problem holding rpms when i used it, but robbed hp on topend which is why i took it out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
380 seems way to stiff but with the heel clickers in there I would try to take some weight off the tip as the spring seems to break-in so to speak. Have you checked before and after spring height and compression #'s?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts