Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the brake line assembly on my 2005 650 v2. I'd greatly appreciate any help on how to do this. This is my first ATV and I haven't done anything to it but change the oil. Is this a complicated job?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Which line are you wanting to replace? The steel line that runs from the front to the back can be a little tricky but their not bad. You can buy this line at any auto parts store just take the old fittings with you and match them to the new line. If I recall both fittings on each end are the same. The flex lines you have to buy used or new and also are easy. Using a line wrench will help get the fittings off without rounding them. Some PB Blaster soaked for 10 mins will help with the fittings as well.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I need to replace the brake line assembly on my 2005 650 v2. I'd greatly appreciate any help on how to do this. This is my first ATV and I haven't done anything to it but change the oil. Is this a complicated job?
Their not hard to replace just costly and time consuming.

Which line are you wanting to replace? The steel line that runs from the front to the back can be a little tricky but their not bad. You can buy this line at any auto parts store just take the old fittings with you and match them to the new line. If I recall both fittings on each end are the same. The flex lines you have to buy used or new and also are easy. Using a line wrench will help get the fittings off without rounding them. Some PB Blaster soaked for 10 mins will help with the fittings as well.

The brake line assembly on my 2005 650 v2 is all one piece and he cannot replace just part, it's the whole assembly as one or none.

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/PartImages/0739-796.png

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Rick, I just looked up the parts fishe and boy that looks like a pain in the butt. LOL! So does the distribution block on the front have three flex brake lines coming off it or is the line for the rear a hard steel line? If its a hard line that would be rough. I love my 02 500 more and more each time I find something else easier to fix on mine then the newer years. Hehe.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
I have one pm me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts