Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding my dads 03 F7 in wisconsin righgt now and tonight the check engine started flashing really fast, then I slowed down and as I was going to shut it off it stopped. Turned it back on and started moving and it started flashing again for about 20 feet then stopped. Any ideas? It was running good from what I can tell, just worried about when I go back out tomorrow.

·
Registered
370 Posts
In low snow conditions the engine coolant temp can rise. The check engine light will flash when the coolant temp is starting to get hot. It is a warning before it gets hot enough for the temp light to come on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much!!! I figured it was getting hot, but wondered why the temp light came on. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoman820 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In low snow conditions the engine coolant temp can rise. The check engine light will flash when the coolant temp is starting to get hot. It is a warning before it gets hot enough for the temp light to come on.[/b]

bingo, the radiator in the tunnel above the track wasn't getting enough snow. when that happens shut her down and let her cool off and ride in more snow so the track kicks it up there...happened to me in old forge in low snow conditions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In 03 the temp light is not used. The check engine light starts to flash meaning time to find some snow. When the light comes on solid its time to shut her down and let it cool.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My 06 F6 did the same thing tonight while running in the local clubs torch light parade( was pretty neat). Had fireworks when we all came into town. Anyway my check engine light started to flash while riding in the parade....was litteraly 10 mph for 3 miles..ugh....got off into the powder and it went away. Rode the 15 miles back home at normal trail speeds and all is good

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
'03 were known to have heating issues. Did your sled have that recall or service updated ?. Yes, I've experienced the same symptoms on my '04 as you did. Time to find the snow and it goes away.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh I had the same problem today, driving at slow speeds would give me that flash but once I rev up and got some speed it seemed to be fine, I guess more snow and air will make the radiator cooler. I was worried it was something really engine related.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had the same problem 2 night's ago,after lookin everything over i found i had lost a bulleye,well i put tape over the hole and everything was fine untill last night,came off the river that had really no snow ran about 1/4 mile then my light started to flash i had noticed some antifreeze on the bottom of the sled that was coming out of the over flow tank,so i think ill cover all the bullseyes with tape,i dont know if it will work but i gotta try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.