Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HJC SYMAX Snowmobile Helmet With Electric Shield Kit

Is what im leaning towards but i can't find anywhere in Ontario to buy one......

Royal Dist has some HJC's but not this one specificly bang your head

Anyone know where i can get one?

found a place on ebay from Detroit MI but shipping takes so long i would have it for 2 weeks at least

any advise is welcome

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought it was just mine that was a piece of crap. did yours frost up and everything not just fog up but frost up??? I mainly do my riding in the mountains on the trail its fine but once you hit the deep stuff it sucks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my face freezes when i ride in anything colder than -5 C*

i can't ride for more than 3-5 miles without it being so cold i get frost bite

worst thing i ever bought and arctic cat should recall this garbage product.

I had HJC helmets my whole life and i should have stuck with them.....lesson learned

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to Royal and tried on a CLMAX and didn't care for the design and fit so since the SYMAX is almost the same im bailing on that helmet.

I decided on a HJC CL-15 Black with Electric Shield from Royal but i had to call the 1-800 line since the store in Sudbury had only one in XXL and it looked like it had been used as a soccer ball.

And no one really wanted to order one for me ether......

Anyway i ordered a new one in the box from Royal in Guelph which is comming exprespost

Lastly again ARCTIC CAT YOUR CROSSTEC HELMETS SUCK AZZ!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have 2 crosstec helments and they are JUNK! I can't beleive that cat sold such a piece of crap. I think we should all get together nad send them back to cat with JUNK wrote on them. If they would have worked - they would have been Great!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Those HJC visor clips on the side really suck.
I have had a Cat TXI for 2 seasons with a heated shield that has been excellent

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jgg1211 @ Jan 31 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ski Doo Modular is the only way to go. Wouldn't ride without it........and I ride a Cat![/b]
I have 3 buddys with them and they all ride T-Cats

they say there good also

·
Registered
261 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Invasion1 @ Jan 30 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
my face freezes when i ride in anything colder than -5 C*

i can't ride for more than 3-5 miles without it being so cold i get frost bite

worst thing i ever bought and arctic cat should recall this garbage product.

I had HJC helmets my whole life and i should have stuck with them.....lesson learned[/b]
I think the HJC CL14 is the best bang for the buck out there when it comes to fog free light weight and good looks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
TXI is the best cat helmet out there. if you search the web, you can find them reasonably. No electric shield and very seldom fogging issues. Rode in -20 F last weekend and kept warm.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:super_happy:

I have a great helmet now!!

arrived today!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts