Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 2" lift kit for my 700 up here in southern ont canada.Just tell me the $ and where to pick it up.Thanks.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
you will also need to get some gorilla axles to go along with that lift the stocks wont take to that lift very well..... :D

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Try royal distributing.

WC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gwc,i have my own line of axles called pinit axles for atvs.walkingcrow do you no if royal has a lift for the 700.Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry its qwc

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Sorry launchpad when I looked at royal there are none for the newer 05 and up i's. On highlifter they show one for the newer 500's ( you have to look there and then it gives a new part no.) I would call royal or highlifter I'm sure some newer bikes have the perfex lifts. Tell us a little more about pinit axles. If you are looking for a test machine for your axles give me a call I'll run them lifted for the mudstock 2007 500cc competition.

WC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey walkingcrow

Thanks for the info..Me, my dad and my brothers were looking for a good axle company to build us axles for a good price and we found one. He let us test what he built with no cost to us for 2 months and damn does he make great axles, we have lifts in all our bikes and could not snap any axles he built. He was so interested in what we were doing and the designs we made we all became great friends and started an atv axle company. So what we do is either take the existing axles and use the spline you have and build a kick ass axle for alot cheaper then any other axle company out there with the same amount of strength and with more flexibility. Or you send us the spline and measurements on your broken axle and we will build it on the dimensions you send us. I also build custom snorkels kits for bikes and install them in our shoppe and It is called Snorkel by Design..so if any one is interested call 416-553-3705...I am located in Bolton, 45 min north of Toronto

ps My buddy Brad is doing the Mud Stock Weekend and All-Terrain TV is going to be there, which I test pilot for and also host the Mud Tire shoot out..hope to see there

Stew

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAUNCHPAD @ Feb 11 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey walkingcrow

Thanks for the info..Me, my dad and my brothers were looking for a good axle company to build us axles for a good price and we found one. He let us test what he built with no cost to us for 2 months and damn does he make great axles, we have lifts in all our bikes and could not snap any axles he built. He was so interested in what we were doing and the designs we made we all became great friends and started an atv axle company. So what we do is either take the existing axles and use the spline you have and build a kick ass axle for alot cheaper then any other axle company out there with the same amount of strength and with more flexibility. Or you send us the spline and measurements on your broken axle and we will build it on the dimensions you send us. I also build custom snorkels kits for bikes and install them in our shoppe and It is called Snorkel by Design..so if any one is interested call 416-553-3705...I am located in Bolton, 45 min north of Toronto

ps My buddy Brad is doing the Mud Stock Weekend and All-Terrain TV is going to be there, which I test pilot for and also host the Mud Tire shoot out..hope to see there

Stew[/b]

Wow, that sounds really good. You should become a site sponsor on here and get those babies really advertised here and the snorkels too. A lot of people break axles on this site, myself included as of lately, the Gorillas are way past my budget for what they are. They probably are great, but man they are mucho $$. It would be great to place an order on here for some custom axles through you.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
One other thing: From your sig line I see you have and have had a few Polaris rides. So far, how does the Cat 700 stack up??

·
Registered
311 Posts
u can get the gorilla 6" lift w/ axles and everything u need for around $3200 cdn, axles r $525 each...

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Sounds good launchpad this is the first I've heard of pinit axles. Do you have general prices for a set to fit the 500? I think its a little way off for me but you never know.
I watch the all terrain tv every sat morn that its on and I'm at home. Nice to see the local stuff and what seems to be unbiased opinions on tv. You don't get that with some of the magazines. I was shocked that the H1 performed the best on that off camber tip test that they did. Great show.
Keep me in mind if you want someone running your axles in the 500 class I would be more than happy to help you out. LOL. Have you been to mudstock before? What can I expect? I will be a group of local couples going up for the weekend.

WC

·
Registered
454 Posts
I can get you a lift kit and all the goodies for a great price. Less then the price stated on here. Let me know if I can help you out. Just PM me and we can talk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys

As far as the Cat goes, I like it..It's built tough, looks great but still need power, but that's
my opinion..As far as the axles goes and the snorkel I am still trying to set up and find out what will cost me for the different axles on each bike..The good thing is my cousin which owns a big C and C shop
and his partner also has a gear company can make me all the splines for all the differnet axles out there. And will save me tons of cost on the axle which the savings will go to my customers. As far as being as strong as gorilla axles I don't know, but the tests I put the axles thru...were major and I could not snap them. As far as the inner strength of the axles I can make them however strong I want them to be from Grade 3 to Grade whatever and can make my splines with any grade metal also. It is up to myself and the customer. Like I said I am still learning the process and trying out different techniques.
With the snorkels, I run the HVAC side of a big company here in Toronto Canada..so the snorkels are pretty simple for me. And I can pretty much do anything that the customer wants me to.. I may even build kits and sell them on their own if I have the time.

So thanks for your interest in Pin it Axles...and Snorkels by Design..and pm me or call me at 416-553-3705....don't forget I am located North of Toronto in Canada but I will build the axles for US customers..I will try to keep all axles $350-$400.00 Cdn.

Thanks
Stew

·
Registered
154 Posts
When ever you get it all figured out please let us know, I cant afford gorillas but I'm really wanting to put a 2" lift on my v2. once you know the cost please let me know.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am workin on it righ now. ODB is going to do a 2" lift on a bike this week. He thinks that the only way around it is to do something with the tire rods. Once he figures it out he is goiing to try to sell a kit that will work with the problem.
Pete

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
The tie rod hitting the actuator is my problem.. I'm tring to install a GWC 1 1/2 lift and my tierod hits the actuator... I need a fic for that?

Mark

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
here is what i did.. :D you can also see my lift bracket in the pic very easy to make just flat steel with some holes in its..

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts