Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am working on a '99 powder special that had top end burn up due to lack of oil. (Oil line came off cylinder) The owner took it to Arctic cat and they disassembled. Cat dealer told him he needed new cylinders, piston kits, and he ordered almost entire top end. He assembled motor, it fired right up only to discover no water movement or oil. Pulled the motor again to find out the oil/water rod was trash. This was the problem from the start, not an oil line coming off. I have lttle to no confidence in the Cat dealer now but still took it back to Cat to inspect bottom end, they say crank gear is trash and case has groove worn in it.

So...with $1000 already invested I am looking for a motor to swap out or possibly one that needs a top end. Can anyone recommend a good salvage Co. or tell me what other motors will fit in this 700? It is carbed. Novice here so please be specific. Sled is in WA state.
Thanks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The 700 engine in that PS is the same engine that is in the 1999-2000 zr 700s, as well as the 91-96 wildcat 700s and 94-96 zr 700s. Any of those engines would be a perfect drop in, and you can usually find a few rolling around on ebay. I actually have a spare sitting in my garage just in case a problem like this comes up........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts