Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished stretching my new (to me) Tcat to 136". I loved the results on my ZR, so I had to do it to this one too. Besides risers, Tflo, and reeds, this one is all stock. I bought this from a 65 y.o. guy back in Nov and it was 100% stock, even the jetting, with 1400 miles on it. The prev owner did install the Cat water temp gauge. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the orange skis and grey bogies, but I wanted some Powder Pros and picked these up for a decent price. I was afraid they might provide too much orange, but I kinda like them. I'll either go with some orange bogies, or get some grey Powder Pros if I like these, and if they make them in grey. I did also make a mount for my gps battery that goes just in front of the right footwell, next to the chaincase. I went with another 1.25" Ripsaw because I had great success with one on my ZR. Within 48 hours from now we'll be busting some powder in the UP...can't wait.

[attachment=62623:136FRONT.JPG]
[attachment=62624:136SIDERR.JPG]
[attachment=62622:136SIDE.JPG]
[attachment=62625:BATTYMNT.JPG]
[attachment=62626:GPSCONSOLE.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks sweet! Should be a blast to ride, thinking about stretching the zr next year now that I have enough ponies to warrant it

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
NICE! :thumbsup: You will love it TallCool1.

Get some pics of it in the snow.

Z-Rider

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Congrats on the sweet looking sled!! :beer_cheers: Orange skis actually look pretty good on her!

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Sled's looking awesome !. I think you'd want to get orange Hyfax, Idler Wheels and Recoil Starter Handle in order to balance the orange and black together. How about Snoflap and Hood Screens ?. :wub: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! We arrived in Munising today with temps at -12. The big sled did not like those temps at all after being trailered 12 hours...had to let it thaw out in a heated garage before it would fire up. Can't believe the power of this sled, it runs awesome! Will put some more miles on tomorrow after meeting up with Beerman from A-Chat and his buds, and will get some more pics to post.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, our sleds are loaded in the trailer and we are heading home Thurs morning. My hat is off to the groomers up here, the trails have been as good as I've seen anywhere in the past several years. A lot of snow has fallen so the off trail excursions have been great too. We only put on about 100 miles today, but almost all of them were in fresh powder in places I would not have gone w/out the gps. Even with it's weight, the Tcat did awesome. Some might say I didn't try hard enough, but I didn't get stuck once (very close several times) and my buddy got stuck at least 3 times with his Pro-X....ha, ha! Yesterday we hit the 300 mile mark making the Grand Marais/Paradise/Newberry loop. Here is some eye candy if you're interested.

[attachment=63032:Melanding.JPG]
Getting some air

[attachment=63033:IMG_0145.JPG]
Art, "beerman" from A-Chat, getting air w/his new Attak, traded from '00 Tcat

[attachment=63034:IMG_0150.JPG]
Does it get any better than this? Just outside Grand Marais

[attachment=63035:IMG_0155.JPG]
Me trying to show how deep it is

[attachment=63036:IMG_0174.JPG]
Playing in a "little" powder

[attachment=63037:IMG_0176.JPG]
Stopping out in the middle of nowhere...thank god for the gps

[attachment=63038:IMG_0178.JPG]
Did I mention that we found some powder????

[attachment=63039:IMG_0183.JPG]
This was a common and ironic situation today...Ken couldn't keep his light sled on top.

[attachment=63040:IMG_0185.JPG]
Did I mention the snow was deep????????

[attachment=63041:IMG_0198.JPG]
Looking down on Munising from the powerlines, very cool.

[attachment=63042:IMG_0175.JPG]
Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
If your buddy was riding a cat he probobly wouldn't have gotton stuck!!! hahaha, congrats on a great looking sled man, I am extending mine too, can't wait until it's done

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[attachment=63044:IMG_0157.JPG]

OK, I gotta throw this in. We met up with Beerman and his gang....his Attak, two F7's, a ZR 900 EFI, and a couple others. We get to an open straight away south of Grand Marais, and they started lining up the sleds. I laid back, but Art and I were both curious, and we were called to the line. He got the hole shot, but I got him quickly and it was over. He beat the two F7's ('06's I believe) and the only other one that came close to the ole Tcat was my buddy's hopped up (pipe, clutching, reeds, airbox) ProX 800, but the topend was all Tcat. Mine is stock except for reeds. Two guys in the group are former Tcat owners and I think they privately shed a few sentimental tears when they saw nothing could touch the '01 big triple. It was all in fun though, and the results could be different the next time around. I have to say I'm happy with the 6 year old sled :) I really didn't know what to expect from this sled since I came from a ZR, but I love it and don't think I'll ever go back to a twin two stroke again. I did get to test ride an F1000 and have to say it felt too light and the vibration will keep me from ever owning one, just my opinion. The acceleration was awesome, but that was about all that impressed me with it....well, and the reverse.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
:thumbsup: great pics dude, we were up around Grand Marais last friday and the riding was awesome, we're headed back up to Curtis for winter carnival next thursday and from you pics and what I've seen of the forecast and trail reports it should be even better, great looking sled dude
here's one of mine from outside grand marais, this was trail 443
[attachment=63100:33.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
can you tell me what slider extensions you used and what tunnel extension you used? and what did you use for the back bumper?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogthehunter @ Feb 8 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:thumbsup: great pics dude, we were up around Grand Marais last friday and the riding was awesome, we're headed back up to Curtis for winter carnival next thursday and from you pics and what I've seen of the forecast and trail reports it should be even better, great looking sled dude
here's one of mine from outside grand marais, this was trail 443
[attachment=63100:33.JPG][/b]
Sweet pic! We were through Curtis Tuesday from Newberry, and other than being routed to CR 498 which was plowed too well from Helmer, the trails were all good. You could say Grand Marais has been getting nailed all week. This was outside the Sportsman.

[attachment=63111:GrMBlizzrd1.jpg]

These were along H-58 and 407 between Grand Marais and Deer Park along the Lake Superior shoreline....the drifts were a blast. We felt like we were the only ones up there. It sure pays to avoid the main trails sometimes in favor of the county roads and forest roads.

[attachment=63112:GrMDrifts.jpg]

[attachment=63113:GrMDriftsSleds2.jpg]

Pyrex, all the parts are OEM Cat parts that can be bought from your dealer. I have an extra tunnel ext that I will be putting up for sale...let me know if you're interested....I just had it powdercoated so it is like new.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TallCool1 @ Feb 8 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Two guys in the group are former Tcat owners and I think they privately shed a few sentimental tears when they saw nothing could touch the '01 big triple. It was all in fun though, and the results could be different the next time around.[/b]
Yes, we both miss the arm-pulling torque from the old triple, that's for sure. Next time I'll have the bottle on :devil_angry:

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beerman @ Feb 12 2007, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TallCool1 @ Feb 8 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two guys in the group are former Tcat owners and I think they privately shed a few sentimental tears when they saw nothing could touch the '01 big triple. It was all in fun though, and the results could be different the next time around.[/b]
Yes, we both miss the arm-pulling torque from the old triple, that's for sure. Next time I'll have the bottle on :devil_angry:
[/b][/quote]

I'm done then. nutkick

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not if you do all the stupid stuff I did to my TCat, CPR Pipes, CPR clutching, mild porting . . .

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beerman @ Feb 12 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not if you do all the stupid stuff I did to my TCat, CPR Pipes, CPR clutching, mild porting . . .[/b]
Mmmmmm, my dealer does build some nice race sleds........ :drool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts