Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can say that im now the proud owner of an '03 F5 Sno Pro. Quite the step up comparted to my '96 ZR 580 :tongue_nana: .

This sled definatly drives entirely different, but after this weekend I got used to it, and like it more and more everytime I get on! Im sure you other firecat riders know EXACTLY what I mean ;) I do a lot of agressive driving and jump in a way that my ZR just couldnt handle...Ive broken so many suspension parts on that thing its not even funny.....so the Sno Pro should definatly be a fitting sled ;)

I love to work on sleds too, and performance mods are right up my ally. My question for you guys is what should I do to wake this machine up? I wish I had the power of an F6, but unfortunatly I came across this sled for a simply awesome price and would have been stupid to turn it down. If I had the choice I would have gotton something just a bit bigger. Im not complaining about the power, it gets from 0-80 mph in NO time, but it takes a while to get her up to just about 91mph @ 8500 rpm. ANY input would be awesome!

[attachment=63348:p1010109.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
awsome sled, same thing i got. Go for the a 8 inch riser for ur first mod. Its the best thing 2 hav 4 ur ridding style, same as mine :thumbsup: . Im 6'2" and might go 2 a 10 inch, i hav a 8 inch riser on it now. Ive got boyeseen reeds, clutch kit, different gearing, 1.375" lugs, and an 8 inch riser. This thing is a fu**in ripper when is hooks up. Some people will say 2 get the 6.5" riser, skip it, get the 8".
[attachment=63352:p1010245.JPG]
[attachment=63353:p1010246.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats man! You could get a clutch kit for sure, maybe a pipe and reeds like your saying. That should make er rip! They jump way different from the ol EXT dosen't it, It seems like your more in control on the f cats.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
03f5snopro:
The riser sounds like a good idea for my style of riding. Im thinking that next year I will do that, for now Im still getting used to the riding characteristics, and the stock riser on this machine is already a HUGE difference compared to my old ZR, so for now im happy with that. Also, what gearing are you running? Are you geared for more top end or more low end torque?

firecat823:
lol, it sure does jump way different, and the control is incredible. The remote res FOX shox on this machine just absoarbs all the hard landings too, simply incredible. Reeds are a good idea, I forgot about that. Would you suggest boyesen reeds? Any specific kind?

Overall, I can't afford to do all the mods right now, I guess for this year Im looking for the best bang for my buck for now. I was thinking about doing a timing key...any suggestions about which degree I should go? I would want a good all around performance for agressive trail riding and some lake riding. I also dont mind running premium fuel if I have to with the timing key change, so whatever some of you guys suggest would be awesome.

Also, what kind of performance differences can I expect with the different timing keys....if you could throw a few ideas at me that would be sweet! :super_happy:

·
Registered
158 Posts
You could just get an 05 F6 EFI Sno Pro!!! JK Man You should definately try out the different seat though. You will have to ride mine sometime to see what you think.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (05 FIRE CAT 600SP @ Feb 12 2007, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You could just get an 05 F6 EFI Sno Pro!!! JK Man You should definately try out the different seat though. You will have to ride mine sometime to see what you think.[/b]
Im definatly gonna take you up on the dude, not to mention the higher seat would probably add to the looks of the sled Cat happy

·
Registered
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticRedNeck @ Feb 12 2007, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
03f5snopro:
The riser sounds like a good idea for my style of riding. Im thinking that next year I will do that, for now Im still getting used to the riding characteristics, and the stock riser on this machine is already a HUGE difference compared to my old ZR, so for now im happy with that. Also, what gearing are you running? Are you geared for more top end or more low end torque?

firecat823:
lol, it sure does jump way different, and the control is incredible. The remote res FOX shox on this machine just absoarbs all the hard landings too, simply incredible. Reeds are a good idea, I forgot about that. Would you suggest boyesen reeds? Any specific kind?

Overall, I can't afford to do all the mods right now, I guess for this year Im looking for the best bang for my buck for now. I was thinking about doing a timing key...any suggestions about which degree I should go? I would want a good all around performance for agressive trail riding and some lake riding. I also dont mind running premium fuel if I have to with the timing key change, so whatever some of you guys suggest would be awesome.

Also, what kind of performance differences can I expect with the different timing keys....if you could throw a few ideas at me that would be sweet! :super_happy:[/b]
My sled is geared more for low end punch. Im not sure what gears it has tho b/c i bought it used. The bottom sprocket is stock and the top one is 1 or 2 teeth smaller than stock i think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts